Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
New Home theater System

I just bit the bullet for a new home theater system. Best Buy will be installing 32 inch HP LCD HDTV, a Yamaha 7.1 surround sound AV Receiver, Bose Acoustimass speakers, Samsung DVD Recorder and a Logitech Harmony Remote. TV on an articulating arm which a finish carpenter will be installing a mounting brace prior to installing tv. Am donating the Stock Zenith TV and Super Quest Home theater to the Airmans thrift store at Travis AFB. Hopefully someone will get some use of the system.....

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
Army Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5508
I'm sure you will enjoy the new system. The theater system was one of the first things I replaced also. I had a Boise home system that I am using now. Love it.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I would love to see pictures of the finished results Phil!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:33 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Will post pics when I get it all installed......Hopefully by the end of the week........

Old 11-06-2007, 06:20 AM   #5
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
When we got vandalized they did not take the Quest and Tosheba TV. They must have known it wasn't worth stealing. Now we will replace it all once the TV goes. The Quest is not working very good. When you try to usethe DVD player it keeps opening and closing. We finally got it to work. Hope we don't loose the DVD.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pparamore

I just bit the bullet for a new home theater system. Best Buy will be installing 32 inch HP LCD HDTV, a Yamaha 7.1 surround sound AV Receiver, Bose Acoustimass speakers, Samsung DVD Recorder and a Logitech Harmony Remote. TV on an articulating arm which a finish carpenter will be installing a mounting brace prior to installing tv. Am donating the Stock Zenith TV and Super Quest Home theater to the Airmans thrift store at Travis AFB. Hopefully someone will get some use of the system.....
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:56 AM   #6
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
Ronnelly
A few well placed blows with a hammer will get that DVD out. Plus take out some frustration on the junk DVD player. Will not save you money but you will sure feel better afterward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you will either meet people in the campground or they will leave you alone to enjoy some peace and quiet.
mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #7
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
I would love to have the Quest system replaced. Who knows or has an idea of where to have it done on the Montana?

Phil, you said that you had Best Buy install it, did Mohammad come to the Montana, or did you have to take Montana to the Best Buy?
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:33 AM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Robbie, Mohammed is coming to the Montana. They have a section called the Magnolia Home Theater and they do installs. Of course, I guess each Best Buy is different. They finally realized with a home theater section they better get in the install business. I chose them for their nationwide availability in case of problems down the road.....Their prices aren't that far off either. I called a custom dealer and he wanted over $1200, just for install. Best Buy is just over $400.00.

We will see what kind of job they do. The salesman also found me a carpenter to help with remodelling the cabinet, I guess he wanted the business. I told him "No carpenter, no business" I guess that motiviated him to find a carpenter.......

PS: I think we will be next door at the Spring Rally in Tucson.....
Old 11-07-2007, 07:24 AM   #9
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Phil,

Looking forward to being next door to you at Tucson and comparing notes. Please keep us informed on how the install goes. We were just talking about it the other night that it would sure be nice to have some quality music and speakers etc. Thanks for the information. We just might pop into a local Best Buy and take a gander.

Any chance of you making it to Q?...we're going to head south from Santa Rosa CA before toooo long...might catch up with ya there too. The weather is so nice here right now.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:50 AM   #10
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Robbie, we are in Fairfield until 19 Jan. My sister says I have to see the Charles Schultz Museum in Santa Rosa. How about lunch one day? Call me at 916-710-1974 or email me your number. Probably one day next week.....

On Edit: We are in Fairfield until 19 NOV, (my 60th BD) then head south to San Diego with an overnighter in Bakesfield......