Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Digital Over the Air Local Channel Report

About the time Camping World went with their big advertising push on the Winegard HDTV over the air receiver, curiousity got the better of me and I ended up getting a Samsung DTB-8260F HDTV receiver off a guy on EBay. On our recent stay at Beaver Lake in the Rogers, AR area, I had a chance to try it out away from the stick house. Bear in mind here, my TV in the camper is not HD ready. Regular analog reception off the batwing roof antenna for the local channels was the usual scratchy picture for most channels. Switching on the Samsung ... crystal clear local stations and several of them. Contrary to some naysayers, I just want to point out that these receivers DO WORK. I will admit finding the desired stations the first time is not as easy as the old analog, but once set ... you have them. Before leaving on our trip, I just went to TitanTV.com and pulled up the digital channels available in the Rogers area and printed it off... it's free.

dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote