Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2022, 05:04 PM   #1
jdwinks

M.O.C. #24545
Convenience center plugs

Does anyone know the name of the two white screw-in plugs that are in the convenience center? They are @3.5" across and one screws in facing interior and the other faces exterior. The water hose runs through this opening. Both of ours have fallen off and we need replacements. They are slightly smaller than the sewer screw-in plugs that are at most campgrounds so I'm guessing I'll have to go through Montana once I know what they are callled. For a 2019 3561RL

Thanks!!

jdwinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 05:54 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A10-...2&sr=8-84&th=1
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 07:06 PM   #3
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post

Nice. I'm ordering a spare now
Old 06-06-2022, 07:40 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
After loosing a foot pad from one of my rear stabilizer jacks and to replace it cost over $50, I started removing all the feet on my Lippert electric jacks every time the camper goes on the road. It's kind of a pain to do it, but at the tune of $50 each, I don't want to loose any more.

So that got me to thinking about those caps in the wet bay too. My solution was to simply leave them off, even when traveling. I simply lay them in the bottom of the wet bay, both the inside and the outside and they never get lost on the road that way. Now, in the last couple years, I started putting the inside one back in place when traveling, but the outside bottom one stays off. No possibility of loosing it. In the winter, both will go back on once I winterize.

Mine are not sealed (from the factory). So even if the caps are on, any water spillage will still flow under the outer ring and drain on out. When dealing with the water, I often (well always), spill a little in that bay area connecting or disconnecting the garden hoses, and using the black tank flusher, and even the blue hose shower. So, leaving that hole open allows ventilation and evaporation. The compartment is sealed all the way around and we've never had any small critters attempt to get in there. Actually, that would be a very long and accurate jump to get into that hole from the ground!

For us, this works. We each do it different, but something to think about when you get your replacement.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote