Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Water fill over flow leak

Prior to our second trip in our new Montana I filled the water tank until it ran out the vent. About an hour later I went to hook up to get out of town and saw a lot of water dripping out between the bottom panels. It was running out from near the front of the Monty. The front was lower than the back.

I decided to go on the trip and see what happens. Drove about 2 hour and set up to find every thing nice and dry. Tank was full and no leaks with water pump on or off.

Could the over flow have broken off, there was some water coming out of the little hole next to the fill hole when I filled the tank, or where else could the water come from? I did not allow pressure to build up in the tank.

Has anyone looked to see how the fill and vent are attached to the tank at the bottom and the white fill compartment at the top?

If there is anyone who has had a similar problem I would appreciate some feed back.
Thanks in advance for any help.

rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:55 AM   #2
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
No.. you won't appreciate some feedback.... You have to drop a bit of the belly pan below the water fill panel and peep inside. If you remove 2 or 3 screws, you should be able to see the fittings. Useing a flashlight in the evening when it's not to bright out, you may be able to see the leak.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:50 PM   #3
Montana_2730
Established Member

M.O.C. #2730
Here let me save you some time. Here is a picture looking at the fresh water tank of a 2005 2955 plumbing.

Montana_2730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #4
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
Well... you sure have it wide open.

Once I got myself oriented.. I couldn't see a problem... but I also couldn't see where the flex 1/2 inch tube connects to the vent.

Could the filler tube or the vent tube be loose at the manifold where the water enters the 5er??? The 1 1/2 filler tube and the 1/2 inch vent tube contact fittings behind the filler panel.

Other then that... add water and monitor for a leak... you sure can see it all.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:16 PM   #5
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Gruffy, thanks for the feedback. Glad it's still under warranty, but trying not having to driver the 100 mile round trip.

Travelingman, wow, thanks for the pictures. I assume the one near the top is the vent, white hose without lettering. My problem could be a leak there or at the top. As I told Gruffy above, I may just take it in for warranty repair, but hate the long haul. I am also concerned about the insulation getting wet and not drying out.

Thanks again, Dick Driver
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote