Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
We got "bumped"

Okay, I just had to share this with all of you....while sitting quietly in the PU waiting for David to register us for the night...I felt a "thud" and a "push"...I could not imagine what it could have been and then it was harder and the whole rig moved a little....THEN is when I jumped out of the PU and ran to the back to find a humongus MOTORHOME pushing to get by our trailer. He was wedged between our Montana and the retaining wall....He just could not wait for us to move...SO, here is the damage ....his awning was actually rubbing the left upper corner at the back and also damaged and broke our gutter. I watched as he backed up to move and I know that there was not more than an inch ...I just stood there and held my breath...I am thankful that he didn't do more damage to our trailer ....his insurance will pay for the repair.
Countrygirl or Shirley

countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:03 AM   #2
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Some nerve. I am sure Ann would have done more than just watch him. I applaud your calmness.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:49 AM   #3
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Sounds to me like more than a "bump". How's you neck and back? Feeling a little sore.....hmmm
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:16 AM   #4
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Yes, I thought that he was very impatient ...the thing is , we were pulled up enough for another rig to park behind us and that is what he should have done until we were registered, but his impatience caused a lot of unpleasantness. David handled it very calmly...and I kept "my cool", but I know that my BP went up "big time". Anyway, it could have been much worse...and to respond to a possibllity of neck injury....wasn't that hard of a bump, just enough to do some damage to our Montana...and I don't like anything to happen to it...not even a little scratch....
Countrygirl or Shirley
Old 06-24-2006, 04:41 AM   #5
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I am sorry to hear of your accident and it is good that no one was hurt. I am sure his insurance will pay to fix up your Monty as good as new and I know how upset I would be if something like that happened to me. I hope the guy that ran into you was apologetic and he should feel foolish for such an unnecessary incident. Take care and good luck getting your repair done, Don
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:35 AM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Hope he has a "rider" on his policy that covers for "damage done while being an idiot".

Not that I ever needed that type of insurance...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:52 AM   #7
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Shirley has handled this post well, so I will only add that I felt sorry for the poor fellow, not only because of his embarassment over such a foolish act, but he had two wives to answer to: MINE and HIS.

He was extremely apologetic, so I tried to make him feel better. He didn't need any more moralizing from me.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:04 AM   #8
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
People never cease to amaze me!! Glad the damage wasn't any worse. I'm sure he was VERY embarrassed to have done such a foolish thing! You handled it well.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 03:40 PM   #9
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Shirley & David, Knowing you two I know you took it in stride I would have been so upset I may not have been as cool as you were.LOL Maybe you could post a picture of the damage so we can get a idea of what you are seeing. Glad that you two did not get hurt just your Montana, seems like I remember another time when the truck and Montana decided to leave without you and David had to chase it down. Gee!! you two be careful.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:19 AM   #10
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Shirley & David,
So sorry to hear about this. The Monty!! Poor Baby!! I'm glad you guys are alright. The man who hit you should try and learn some patience from you!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:56 PM   #11
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
So glad to hear nothing worse happened. Kudos to you both for handling it so well. Was the other driver new to RVing? Hopefully he learned a lesson of patience that will stay with him.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:51 AM   #12
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Yesterday afternoon we got a call from the fellow that bumped us in the RV park and he was very nice. He was apologetic again and was sorry for bumping us....and he is more than willing to pay for all damages, which is very little. Hope that I didn't leave the impression that it was a lot of damage. It could have been, but he stopped before anything else was damaged and backed up the motorhome. The damage that was caused was that the gutter on the left side is broken and there is some fiber glass damage in that area. So, hopefully it won't be too expensive to fix. Thanks for all of your concerns and inquiries. It is great to have friends on the MOC to share with.
Countrygirl or Shirley
Old 06-27-2006, 12:53 PM   #13
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Shirley and David,

If I ever do something so silly I hope it's you I run into, you're both angels!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:53 AM   #14
dchafer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4203
Send a message via Yahoo to dchafer
Shirley and David, we should all have an outlook on life like yours. I can feel the calmness and understanding in your emails. We have all done something foolish at one time and you have handled it beautifully. We all have bumps in the road, lol and You sure handled that exceptionally well. We need more people like you in this life.
Thank you Diane
I will think of your incident and how you handled it when I get into a mishap. To err is human,,,,,,
dchafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:18 AM   #15
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Diane and Dennis, you have described David and Shirley accurately. They are lovely and gracious people and a wonderful example to all of us in this type of situation. I only pray that we will respond as well if we are ever put into a similar situation.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:59 AM   #16
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
David & Shirley, if I ever "bump" into someone, I hope it's you. Wait, that doesn't sound right does it??? Well, anyway, you know what I mean... I hope. What I should say is, that if I ever make a mistake, I hope I receive the same gracious reponse from the "offended" party that you two have shown. (That sounds better...)

God Bless!
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #17
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Hey Dave and Shirley, When his insurance Company contacts you, make sure that the claim includes the inconvenience of your time dropping your unit off and picking it up!!!!!!!!! It all counts.
Safe travels John H
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote