Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2020, 10:09 AM   #1
cotter key
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10849
Lippert 6 point auto level

Can't find a post with my problem so here goes, when I hit auto level the door side raises till its out of stroke. Happens on level spot or not level spot makes no difference. I've reset the level and made no difference.

No troubleshooting videos about that (or I have found yet). Lippert support said rear sensor may be loose or bad. I guess my question has any one else had this.

Not looking forward to dropping the corroplast on a search of the sensor or ordering one at 200 plus if thats not it.

2015 3611rl with 6 point hyd. auto level

Thanks

cotter key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 12:17 PM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Have not heard of this before, but if you can manually level instead of using the auto feature, I would do that. To get into manual mode, hit up arrow and enter after turning the keypad on. The rear sensor box is mounted on a metal plate that is welded onto one of the floor crewmembers. Hard to miss once the bottom is dropped...but no need to do that if manual mode still works.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:39 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Give Lippert a call. They are usually easy to work with.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 04:46 PM   #4
cotter key
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10849
Yes the manual mode still works and thats how I'll be doing it unless I figure it out I guess
Old 08-15-2020, 05:30 PM   #5
Hunts900
Established Member

M.O.C. #23531
Auto Level

I think the benefit of Auto-level is worth the exploration to find out why it’s not working.
Old 08-15-2020, 05:55 PM   #6
Waricha
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20684
It needs to be recalibrated. There are instructions on how to do that.
Waricha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:32 PM   #7
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waricha View Post
It needs to be recalibrated. There are instructions on how to do that.
If you have retracted all the jacks, which usually resets the stroke sensors, and brought the front jacks back to level, and it still does not work in auto level, then yes, I would try to re calibrate it first before messing with the sensor. If that doesn’t work, it is probably the sensor. I had a blip with my auto level and mfg helped me get it straightened out over the phone. Hope you can work it out.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:17 AM   #8
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
One other thought...IIRC you can pull the control panel off and remove power for a few seconds to reset it. I'd try that as well before pulling the coroplast. May not help, but it is an easy fix and free.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:23 AM   #9
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
There are NO separate sensors for six point hyd level up. If you are getting out of stroke it means the leveler can’t lift RV enough for rear remote sensor to detect a change in level. Blocks under pads and if problem persists unplug level up control panel in plug back in
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #10
cotter key
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10849
Well I have reset level, unplugged control module, unplugged rear module, everything but dropping the corroplast and replacing the rear module. I suppose that will be a project for later, right now I can still use in manual mode.

Tech said that was probably it anyway but thought someone on here might have another fix.
Old 08-19-2020, 01:48 PM   #11
Anatnom
Established Member

M.O.C. #23514
If you want to see a nice video on the test look back at the last newsletter and the article similar to this. Near the end you'll find a video that shows. how to re set the unit
Anatnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:51 PM   #12
andrew selkregg
Established Member

M.O.C. #17136
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotter key View Post
Well I have reset level, unplugged control module, unplugged rear module, everything but dropping the corroplast and replacing the rear module. I suppose that will be a project for later, right now I can still use in manual mode.

Tech said that was probably it anyway but thought someone on here might have another fix.
Had an identical problem on an identical model and the dealer replaced the rear sensor to fix it. (under warranty at the time)

2007 Ram Megacab 6.7 L diesel, 2015 Montana 3610RL
andrew selkregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 06:26 AM   #13
HurtVaHokie

M.O.C. #20086
This sounds like a problem I had earlier this year. The front of my unit would go all the way up and stop and then I could manually level it. Each hydraulic leg has a valve on it that is a magnetic switch of sorts, the controller opens and closes the valves by the magnet being pulled open. What I found was that one of the valves/switches was loose and thus not being activated when the controller was telling it to open or close. Follow the hydraulic lines to the valves and make sure they are all tight. It sounds crazy but mine was totally fine after I hand tighten the valve on the ODS front leg.
HurtVaHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 01:01 PM   #14
jeririgged223
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26548
My auto level isn't in sync lately. Front end is higher than should be but I just override it in manual mode and the leveling bubbles. Haven't tried to recalibrate it myself. Might, but if not I'll have it done next time it gets serviced. It's not a big issue in terms of use.

I'm going to try HurtVaHokies fix as mine seems to be the same
jeririgged223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:55 PM   #15
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Jet calibrate the zero point yourself...why wait for Dealership when this is such a simple procedure to accomplish
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:15 PM   #16
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Cotter Key I had to replace my rear sensor but the biggest difference in what your unit is doing compared to mine is the four rear jacks were erratic on my but the front two big jacks always worked fine. My unit is a six-way hydraulic type. My rear sensor was quite a ways past the rear axle. It was actually on the second to last cross member. I did not need to detach all the corroplast that I did as I was led to believe it was located just behind the rear axle.
Talk to Lippert as they are usually willing to work with you on cost and shipping. You can find the sensor a bit cheaper on Amazon but I decided to work with Lippert as they really do try to help us owners out and they are great to work with.

Tom Marty
Old 08-23-2020, 11:28 AM   #17
cotter key
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10849
Dam Worker, Thanks