Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2004, 04:53 AM   #1
Montana_335
Established Member

M.O.C. #335
Drapery Brackets

I would like to remove the L shaped lower drapery brackets on all the windows in our Montana 3400. Can anyone suggest how to handle the holes that will remain from the screws? I am tired of the recliner hitting the bracket. Another forum member with the same model removed theirs but I believe they ordered it that way. I really like the look of the windows without the drapes.

Cathy

Montana_335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 07:15 AM   #2
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
Get some white wood putty to fill the holes. Carefully put it in the hole without making a giant mess and it should come out fine.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 12:59 AM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Cathy,
I am having the same problem as you except mine are around the table and chairs. I was in a 2005 Big Sky and they got rid of the curtains and put up a hard plastic style drape/valance instead. I am going to call Keystone hopefully today and see if I can order the right color for my 3400RL. I would have to say that those L brackets are more trouble than worth. I dont know how many the dealership has had to put wall anchors in for me to keep them in place. Keep us updated as to how you solve the hole problem. I am sure interested.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:55 AM   #4
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
If you just disconnect the bracket from the wall and leave it in the curtain it will help it hold shape. It will hang in the right place and not move unless you bump it so if you didn't want to you wouldn't have to fill in the holes. Or... you could bump it like I did to the one next to the bed and break it off... LOL Then just leave it.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:12 AM   #5
Montana_1600
Established Member

M.O.C. #1600
I previously posted this same problem with my 2955RL. I like the effect of the drapes, but the screws keep coming out. Is there some way to anchor them in so that they stay? Has anyone tried anything other than removing them, or just leaving them hang?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jackie Cooley
Montana_1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 05:14 PM   #6
Montana_1378
Established Member

M.O.C. #1378
We purchased our 3400 only a few months ago and have only taken 3 long weekend trips. But, already we are have the same problems with curtain brackets - especially behind the recliners. Wonder if this problem has been made known to the manufacture and if they would be willing to come up with a solution??? I bet a woman didn't design this! I has also considered just letting the curtains hang loose. Will be anxious to hear others thoughts on this problem.
Montana_1378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 06:51 PM   #7
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
We had those stupid brackets just in the bedroom on our unit. I took them out, got tired of them breaking on the bedroom windows - I also took out the curtains. Glad to know about the white putty as I just put the screws back in the holes. You have to really pay attention to see the screws but next trip to Lowe's and I will pick up the putty. The living room and dining area looks cleaner without the curtains - I got tired of fighting the tiebacks. I left the valances but going to replace them in the bedroom.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:34 PM   #8
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Itook the ones in the bedroom down and replaced with lace valances. Also took the bedspread off and replaced with a star quilt with maroon, blue and white colors. The pillows(shams) have matching covers and stack up to cover the head board. It really makes it look brighter in there.
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 03:53 AM   #9
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
I am going to ask when we do the plant tour at the rally what they use. Also, a quick call to your dealer may give us the name of any product they use, and they use something, cause they are moving stuff around in those units all the time (not just Montanas, but any unit that needs repair, aka, moving of screws and screw holes to cover up).

That head board comes down quite easy too, so I have been told, I think someone said it was just 4 screws. (I have mine in the pole barn, never installed at the factory, unit came with one headboard laying on the bed.)

When I think of it, I have a small portion of the 5er in the pole barn or garage or basement, drapes, headboard, couch, two kitchen chairs. Kinda scarry!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote