Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2004, 09:41 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Anyone heard from Rob Cooley?

Haven't seen a post from Rob in awhile and he's not answering emails. Sure hope all is well with him and Julia. Anybody heard from him?

Thanks.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:18 AM   #2
Britney 10
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1704
I have not heard anything yet from him I too hope everything is all right with him and Julia. Rob Where Are You??
Britney 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:31 AM   #3
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
I'm pretty sure they are in a place with little or no access to the net. I believe Rob said they were going to be there for a while.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 03:24 PM   #4
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
I think John is right. He posted something to that effect.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:14 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I know they moved up to Lady Lake to oversee the building of their new home. But I thought he said he has a cable internet connection there. Maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully all is ok.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:35 AM   #6
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
I spoke to Rob yesterday. He told me he has been offline for awhile due to problems with his ISP. He thinks he'll be online very soon. He did not really go into detail but it said it had to do with a big storm that caused a big power outage in the area.

He told me the put the roof on his house this week.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:41 AM   #7
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Havn't seen a post from Glenn and Lorraine lately.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:49 AM   #8
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
They should be in upstate NY. We tried to link up with them a couple of weeks back but missed them. If it's a rainy weekend, we may try again.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 07:20 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
That's great to hear, BJ. Thanks!

Last post I remember from G&L was last week, I think? Just checked the member list - last post was 6/25, last Friday. Hopefully they're just busy and nothing is wrong.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:35 PM   #10
Rob Cooley
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4
Send a message via Yahoo to Rob Cooley
Suprise, I'm back. We had a sharp power blip last week and it wiped out my DSL modem. Now the new one is lost in the mail so I am on the slow dial-up mode but I'm on line. We are still in our Montana here in Lady Lake and the heat has been above normal all month, the A/C is having a hard time keeping up. As for the new house it has been delays from concrete shortage to 2 crews walking off the job because the roof is too steep. But we had another problem with the roof and had to take most of the sheeting back off and get the crane back to turn around several trusses that were put up in reverse. Hope by Sat.the roof will be completed including the shingles on. Still hope to be in by the end of August but we will not hold our breath. Again, it is good to be back on the forum.---
Rob Cooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:42 PM   #11
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Welcome back Rob! You see you are so important to us that you are missed when we don't see your posts here on the forum. Sorry to hear about the delays on the house. Know you are anxious to get it complete. Good that you are close by so you can stay on top of the builder and what the progress and problems are. Long distance building and/or remodeling can be a pain. Believe me I know as I have been getting a basement finished into a family room and adding a bathroom to our vacation house in WV, in preparation for our retirement. Needless to say have put lots of miles on my Lexus running back & forth for contractors. Good to see you back online!!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:44 AM   #12
Montana_462
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #462
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Joyce H
Believe me I know as I have been getting a basement finished into a family room and adding a bathroom to our vacation house in WV, in preparation for our retirement.
Joyce, was just wondering where in WV your vacation house is located. I'm originally from Clarksburg WV myself. Heading up that way this weekend with the 5er to spend the 4th with the family.

Montana_462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:46 AM   #13
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Ed & Sandy,
We have 35 acres between Romney & Keyser just off US 50. This is within 10 miles of where I was raised and still have lots of family in that area. Although I have not lived there permanently since I gratuated high school, always love to go back to the hills but don't think I could take the winters and that white stuff anymore! We will be heading back up there with another load of "stuff" we just can't bear to part with in late August. We plan to spend most of our time on the road in the Montana after retirement, but are storing "stuff" at the vacation home.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 02:22 AM   #14
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Steve, Nothing wrong and not busy just having problems getting online.

Rob, Glad to see you back even if it is just a dial up. If it wasn't for my daughter's 'puter I wouldn't be online at all. Our Verizon AirCard can't get a signal and a dial up in our current cg is out of the question. Sorry to hear about your new stick house problems but there is a solution to all that... SELL EVERYTHING and go full time. Works for me.

Gruffy, Sorry we missed you! We are still at Black Lake but we have moved to another cg. We are now at The Log Cabins http://www.blacklakeny.com/logcabins/. If you get back in the area stop in. Most of the time my cell phone doesn't work but you can get a message to me thru my daughter at 315-375-6742. If we get into Canada we will give you a call.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote