Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2004, 02:24 PM   #1
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Screens on windows

I have found out how to remove the screens on the little windows, does anyone know how to remove the ones on the end of the sofa/table slide? I know that they slide open but that still don't let you get to the window to clean it on the inside.

Also the window over the sofa that has the knob that lets it out, it looks like the knob goes through the screen edge. But can't tell for sure, I am getting spring cleaning fever and want to make my Montana SHINE! LOL

Linda n Walt n kookie
2003 3280RL
2004 GMC 2500 duramax 4x4
G-Great
M-Montana
C- Carrier
KOOKIE RULES!!!!
http://picturetrail.com/prariepoodle

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:43 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
prariepoodle
Well I'll take your word for it but I can't for the life of me get the screens out! Are you sure they come out? LOL Do use a screwdriver or some other tool? Any additional info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:57 PM   #3
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the above posting. Happy rving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 04:38 PM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Well guys like I said before it is not easy, but I found that on most of them I could press down on the top of the screen or press up from the bottom and it would let me get the screen out. I have had every screen out and got to clean the windows.

I truly hope that you can do the same as it makes the windows look real nice to have them clean on both sides.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 04:08 AM   #5
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
We too have taken some of the screens out to clean the windows but now I wish I wouldn't have. The one in front of the table always pops off now, it's like it's not on right and I can't seen to do it no matter what I do.

If you take the one over the couch off, just be careful. Mike took the little nob off so I could wash back there and now I can't open that window. The little knob just turns and turns but doesn't push the window open. We might have to get a new screw of something for it, I haven't really investigated it that much but it could happen to you.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 04:33 AM   #6
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
I would venture to say that you might have stripped the knob. There are grooves in the handle that should match up with window stem. You have to be careful that you get it back just right or it will strip out.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:47 AM   #7
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
GREAT! That's what I thought happened, I should have just done it myself... Oh well, I will just add it to my list of things we need to buy at Camping World.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ronstan

I would venture to say that you might have stripped the knob. There are grooves in the handle that should match up with window stem. You have to be careful that you get it back just right or it will strip out.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote