Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2003, 09:21 AM   #1
Montana_593
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #593
Mountaineer TV Shelf -- Danger!

Watching TV in the bedroom tuesday night when the tv shelf (including tv) fell off the wall. Fortunately there was no damage to the 23lb tv and I only suffered a mild stroke instead of a heart attack. On inspection, the tv shelf was secured to the 1/4 inch plywood paneling with four screws. There was no blocking and the screws were not in the studs.

My Mountaineer is an '04 315RLS. Please check your tv shelf in your unit before using. This installation will not support the weight of a small tv.

I plan to take mine back to the dealer to re-install with better support and to replace the damaged wall under the window where the tv landed.

Other than that, the maiden voyage was uneventful and relaxing. Trailer pulled beautifully with the dual cam hitch, no sway when the big boys passed (tow speed 55-70 mph).

See Ya

Jack & Rose & Molly the spoiled beagle
Richmond, Texas
'04 315RLS Mountaineer TT
'03 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab "Hemi"
Reese dual cam hitch, Prodigy

Montana_593 is offline   Reply With Quote