Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2005, 06:07 PM   #1
zzuroweste1
Established Member

M.O.C. #3581
GFI Breaker wont correct

OK I am back at square one...I unplugged everything on the breaker in circuit and it won't go back to the proper mode...I took a shower last night and after I found a puddle in my kitchen...I looked under the drain pan in the shower and nothing...I opened up under the stairs and found a bunch of wires sitting in the water...I think that has something to do with my GFI short...but I don't know where the water leak is coming from...I tightened any freshwater line I could get my hand on but I don't think that is my problem...is there a way to access the bottom of the shower to see if there is a leak...also any ideas on getting my GFI circuit up and running would be great...about half of the rv runs off of that circuit including the fridge, outdoor plug, and the 110 lights in the living area. thanks for the help

zzuroweste1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:10 AM   #2
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
I notice from your post that your unit is a 2005. Why aren't you heading to your dealer and have them fix it?
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:18 AM   #3
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
The tub has two access doors on the bottom of the plastic enclosure and each is secured by two screws. Inside you can access the water lines going to the tub/shower faucets. Another common source for a leak is underneath the faucets mounting to the tub. Check to make sure there is a gasket or caulking in place under the faucet. The third item to check is the walls around the tub where they meet the tub....I had to caulk around them to stop a leak into the basement area. Hope this helps...but it seems from your description you may have leak in a connection before the tub area.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:50 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Bill and Ann..When in 2005 was your unit built.Was hoping for some improvement in quality of workmanship.This kind of problem should not be comimg out of the factory.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:54 AM   #5
zzuroweste1
Established Member

M.O.C. #3581
My unit was made in march of 05...I did contact the dealer and they gave me a number to contact in florida...I found a mobile unit in florida and they are coming today...I was just wanting to get some ideas before they come...I have had the unit for a month now...I did check under the access panels...nothing....the conections...nothing...I still don't know how to get directly under the pan...the access panels only allow you to access directly under the pan...thanks for the advice.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:23 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
One of the breakers on the converter panel is for GFI, too. I don't know whether the button on the gfi outlet would work properly if that converter panel breaker were tripped. Also, some models have two outlets with the little gfi button. I'm shooting in the dark, in case you can't tell.

A number of owners have had leaks in the shower drain but I would think you would see the water when you pulled the access panel if that were the problem. Ours has two panels. One allows you to see under the tub but there you cannot see the drain. The other panel has a furnace duct coming out of it. That one allows access to the drain in ours. Your model may be different. Ours has a tub/shower so maybe they're different.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:43 PM   #7
gungho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2818
There are access panels also inside the kitchen cupboard that is behind the shower, had leaks there also.
gungho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:12 AM   #8
zzuroweste1
Established Member

M.O.C. #3581
Found the problem...underneath the slide are two supposedly water proof junction boxes on the outside of the trailer. We had a lot of rain last week and those boxes filled full of water. This of couse tripped the breaker. They dried the boxes and sealed them with silicone...problem fixed...one concern though...the service guys said keystone may not cover the problem under warranty...they said it may not be a warranty issue. Wouldn't you all think that any problems would be covered under the first year of warranty...it is only a month old.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:17 AM   #9
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Keystone has a 90 day period when all such items should be covered. They won't pay for a service call to your location but the time and materials should be covered.Call Customer Relations if there are any issues.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 05:32 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I agree with Steves.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote