Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2006, 01:16 AM   #1
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Oregon Scientific Weather gadget

These little gizmos are pretty handy for RV owners. The clock sets itself and they come with a little wireless sending unit that works up to 100 feet away. This gives the temperature and humidity of a remote location. At home you can leave the little sending unit out in the RV and you can see read your Montana's temperature and humidity from inside your stick house. I am amazed this thing works through the walls.
On the road I am going to put the main unit inside the Montana and attach the little sending unit somewhere on the outside of the Monty where the sun won't hit it and give false readings.

These weather stations are sold at Costco and are quite reasonable in price. I paid 28 CAD for this one .

Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:02 AM   #2
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Dano wants to know "So, it is gonna rain?" LOL Sounds pretty neat!!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
We have had one for over two years and it works great. Put the remote under the front overhand so the sun doesn't hit it directly. Was going to remember to take it off everytime we moved, but just put some velcro on it to make sure it doesn't fall off--no problems.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:13 AM   #4
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
When I replaced the stupid wireless thermostat with a CCC I got one of these from CW with 2 receivers. One went where the wireless holster was, and the other went into the bedroom. It was only $20 and covered the holes left by the holster perfectly.

Got it about 2 weeks ago so they are probably still on sale!
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
We had one and when we left camp in NH after Columbus Day we took the unit off the side of the coach and put away with the unit inside.
Well we have looked high and low for it, Hey it is only a 3400RL, but we couldn't find it anyplace, so today we went to Target in Yuma and bought another one.
Took it out of the hard plastic wrap and it is a better one with humidty.
I went to get a pair of sissors and low and behold in the back of the draw was the one that has been missing was there.
So it goes along that if you are missing something, go buy a new one and you will find the old one.
Today in Yuma, AZ outside 84 degrees and humidity is 22%.
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:25 AM   #6
BigBlue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #109
Another place to put the remote unit is the refrigerator. Ours is the Acurite model and it also shows the min and max over the last 24 hours as well as the current temperature. It's a great way to see if the refrigerator is working and if there's any problem.
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:41 AM   #7
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
We have one of those units and I hang the outside sensor on the king pin that is under the overhang. Works great. I never forget it because when I hook-up the RV, it is looking at me! Also keeps it out of the rain.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote