Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #21
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Wayne - I don't know what that is. I used a cable I got from Best Buy that has the small pins that plug into the blue monitor output on the laptop and plugs into the blue monitor input on the Visio.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #22
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Brad,
The Big Sky is too much coach for my 2500HD. I am about to take the keys to a new house I just built in Iowa so the odds of a new truck in the drive this coming year is slim. But 2010 is another story...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #23
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Congrats on the house Sky!

All the rigs just seem to get better every year, so nothing wrong with 2010! Other than a house, I don't think its a good time to be buying much of anything right now.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:06 AM   #24
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
I think that 3150 is a good floor plan--we might have to look closer at that one. Wonder how well you can see the Tv from the table?
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #25
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Delaine and me are happy for you on the new house. Well as for Trucks they are cheaper than I have ever seen them. Bet you got a good deal on the new house also. Just think a real MDT (no fenders) might be your next Truck. I remember once upon a time your had mentioned that option. That just might be the only option with the condition of the Big 3. Have fun with the new house. Hope to see you on the road someday. We are thinking "Wyoming" next summer. Good Luck. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:24 PM   #26
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Lindy,

If you head out west next summer, let me know when you are coming through the Des Moines, Iowa area. We will have to get together for lunch. I hope that new coach of yours is treating you well. The new house is coming together nicely. Once I get the garage unpacked I will finally be 100% moved in. I drove the new 09 3500 DRW LTZ Duramax Silverado this afternoon while I was at the dealership having the fuel filter changed. Talk about a night and day difference between my Lb7 and the new LMM!! I am still tossing the Sportchassis Freightliner M2 around, but odds are I will be going with a 1 ton when I decide to trade in. Take care and enjoy the warm weather down south.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:27 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Sky..That big Sky is one nice camper. There are many improvements that Helen and I would love to have and we were really tempted. the 340rlq is 16744 gross so that ended that as our 08 F-350 has a 15,300 tow rating. The 4:30 diff would push that to near 20K so I am sure the 1 ton any brand with the right diff can pull the heaver Big sky's.The is a 3K rebate also on any 08 Montana now and we see no difference between the 08 and 09 Big sky. New truck and new camper is just not in the cards for us. Save your nickles and dimes and look to 2010 0r 2011.

We will get a real good idea on the "state of the industry" at the Tampa Rv Show in Jan 09.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:42 AM   #28
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Where I live here in Sulphur Springs Texas on the I-30 I see a lot of the new trailers moving west to the dealers. I seen a Montana Mountaineer. WOW does not look at all like the one I bought. I had to do a double take.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:17 AM   #29
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
There is still one more thing they need to do. That is add the hydraulic landing legs as a factory installed option.

I was fortunate enough several years ago to have have a set added to the Challenger under testing conditions and I will never have another unit without them!
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:51 AM   #30
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
MIMF. great comment in ref to Hydraulic Jacks. Our 2006 Cambridge had hydraulic jacks on the front. We now have 6 hydraulic jacks of which two of them are for side to side leveling. As was said once you have them it would be hard to go back to the electric type. Can set down our 5er in under 15 minutes and only have to touch a button. Lippert put the system on our 5er from the factory and its a standard option. I highly recomend the up grade. No need for plastic blocks or wooden boards. I also know Lippert is installing the upgrade on other units also. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #31
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We will be taking a very serious look at the Big Sky on the opening day of the show since we can't get there on Friday. I am looking forward to see the newest model but still think the 340 is the one we will wind up with.

Dave, (Montana Sky) I have been watching the building progress on your new house. Congratulations on taking possession but your builder stopped the tour before it was finished. I sure hope he puts up the final pictures.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #32
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich,
I look forward to your review of the show.

Helen,
I will send you update pics in the next week or so. I had things pushed back so close to the last minute that the moving company showed up before I had signed the paper work. I admit I am loving the new oversized garage!!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:15 PM   #33
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Lindy,

That is great to know! I wasn't sure if the hydraulic landing gear was even available. If so, that is really going to make our decision in a couple years real hard! Because we will be looking at the Big Sky and 2 other SOBs.

As far as the hydraulic up grade, I highly recommend them also because of the speed. That is why it would be real hard to do without them. So far, (knock on wood) there hasn't been any problem with any of the hydraulic components yet.

Shoot, while I would be at it, might as well get the hydraulic stabilizers, too. That way I'd be much closer to comparing apples to apples between the 3 brands we would be looking at.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:06 PM   #34
larryngail
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #888
BE-U-T-FUL!!!!!
larryngail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #35
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Some of those new changes are dandy! Our top requirements for our next fifth wheel will be a large "side aisle" bathroom and a more open kitchen layout that allows for more than one person in the kitchen area and better access for lighting the pilot light on the oven.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #36
Bdedens

M.O.C. #9124
Send a message via MSN to Bdedens
We just purchased a 2009 Montana 3400 RL. We had an 04 Challenger, but the Montana is a lot nicer rig. My wife and I are very impressed. We have a Chevy 02 Silverado 3/4 ton with Durmax Diesel with the Allison Transmission and it pulls very well. One question, how can I get two RG6 cables in for Directv? Thanks. Dwight
Bdedens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #37
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Dwight -
Best of luck with your new 3400. We love ours. We soon hope to have a new Big Sky. As for the RG6 cables, I assume you are running a dual tuner HD satellite? You could drill another hole through and add another plate on the inside. Just a thought.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:04 AM   #38
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Dwight, I had a similar problem only I had to run 4 RG-6s. Two for the DVR and 2 for the Hughes. I pulled the fireplace and drilled 4 holes through the slide and routed all the cables up through the entertainment center. Here are pics of that job. measure and mark your hole locations, then use a small drill bit (I used an 1/8 inch) and drill from the inside to the out side with the small bit. Then drill from the outside to the inside with the half inch bit. This keeps the chipping to a minimum. I mounted two double plates. Good Luck... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:44 AM   #39
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
We bought the 3455SA last month. Love the brown color decor. When we looked at the unit I was concerned with the arrangement of the recliner closest to the TV. Sitting in the recliner I realized I would be looking sideways at the TV and was only able to see part of the screen at that. As the furniture is free-standing, we had the sofa and recliners placement switched. Works great! The end table that was between the reclinders is now next to the sofa along the back wall.

Yup, we sure love this unit.
Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:35 AM   #40
billklem
Established Member

M.O.C. #9390
We just bought the Big Sky 340RLQ. Can't wait to take possession.

The biggest issue in this model was that the TV did not go behind the fireplace. I just can't think that the heat from the fireplace will not harm the TV. So we went with this one.

We also think that this one had more storage. We are getting older and have problems bending so we thought the overhead cabinets would be better.

It has the Moride hitch that I think I'll like but it don't have disk brakes.

Can't wait to get it, hate to move again.

Bill
billklem is offline   Reply With Quote