Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 06:28 AM   #1
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Show ‘n Tell

One of the fun events we held during the MOC Rally in Bremen, Indiana last September was a show ‘n tell session where several owners showed improvements they had made to their coaches. Are y’all interested in doing something like this at the Lake Siskiyou rally?

If so, when would be a good time? Maybe Sunday afternoon?

We want to keep this informal, and of course it’s strictly voluntary. In order to allow everyone interested in participating to be able to show theirs and also see all the other coaches, we thought we could handle it similar to a progressive dinner. We’ll all gather at one coach, let the owners show ‘n tell about their improvements, then close their door so they can move on to the next coach with the group.

Depending on how many participate, we’ll have to spend just a short time at each coach. Otherwise we’ll be there into the following week! Those interested in knowing more can find time later to talk with the owners about details.

If you’d like to participate, please send me a list of your improvements and I’ll compile a master list and make copies for everyone at the rally.

Sharon

Old 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM   #2
mike johnson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3382
hello, i would like to a part of this show and tell.i don't have any improvments yet since we just bought the 5er a month ago, but i'm interested in everybody's inprovements, count me in thx
mike & amy johnson
05-2955rl
rio vista , calif
Old 04-25-2005, 07:37 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
GypsySCM,
The Show n Tell in Bremen was a lot of fun and very enlightening. We'd like to participate. The only major improvement we've made was to swap the table and recliner location.

HamRad
Old 04-25-2005, 07:51 AM   #4
Dave Anderson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1654
Gypsy; the show'n tell in Bremman was graet ! I'd like to do it again, and your Idea of progressive is even better, We do a lot of boondocking and (like you ) have put together a pretty good Solar system, with good meters to monitor also the MOR/Ryd system might be of interest . Put us in !!
dave & kelly
Old 04-25-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
We won't have anything to show unless someone wants to crawl up on top and see our MaxxAir vent covers..... or they can see our decals that are peeling off of one side of our Montana.

I contacted Keystone about the decals and they want us to purchase them thru an area dealer soooooo...... I do believe that we will still have the peeling decals for y'all to see.

My post doesn't look too excited, but we think this is a great idea and want to thank the folks that will be opening up their Montanas to show the rest of us.

Old 04-25-2005, 02:33 PM   #6
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
The idea of handling this event like a progressive dinner wasn't mine - I think it was Patty Lovett's. I have to give credit where it's due. Thanks, Patty!
Old 04-25-2005, 02:55 PM   #7
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Sounds great to us. I only have a few improvements but would love to share them with the rest of the bunch.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:59 AM   #8
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
I know you can count Roy in for at least looking. Our modifications have been like many others, such as opening the space above our microwave and below our oven.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:47 PM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We want to see what everyone else has done. Since we will not be bringing our Monty, I'll bring pictures.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:37 AM   #10
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
Way to go Gyspsy,

I can see you have a successful event underway.

Sorry we can't be a part of it this time. But we will be lurking here to learn the details as things happen.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:27 PM   #11
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Jim - We had fun organizing this event in Indiana, didn't we? I'll let you know how it goes. Wish you and Freddie could be here on the west coast.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:43 PM   #12
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Jim and Sharon,
You folks did a GREAT job on the Show n Tell at Bremen last Sept. Thank you for all your hard work. Sharon already has a start on the little meeting here in northern CA and sounds like it will work well too.

Good to hear from you and Freddie and, of course, Mr. Lobo. I still just chuckle every time I think of trip with him. Stopping and letting him run along the road! What a neat dog. I loved that picture someone took of him at the MOC Rally. He was asleep on the toolbox in the back of your pick-up. Take care and we'll see you on down the road.

Dennis and Mary Kay
Old 04-28-2005, 07:25 AM   #13
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
Gypsy/Dennis:

We'll be there "Down the Road" or "at the Lake" Y'ALL COME BY! Don't mind the barking dog. He never met any Montana Folks he didn't like.

We be waitin.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:42 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
HamRad,I remember that picture, too. What a great picture! Vicki tells me RonStan took that one.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:49 AM   #15
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
Please sign us up for the show and tell. We don't have any improvements to share as we just purchased our Montana in Jan., however, we are very interested in what others have accomplished. Thanks!!
Old 05-15-2005, 10:34 AM   #16
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Hey, MOCers - I'm sending a copy of this message to individual email addresses to be sure you see it, as well as posting it on the Forum.

Our Rally is coming up fast, and I want to compile the list of folks participating in the Show 'n Tell. If you're unaware of this activity, go to the North America MOC/Western Region section of the Forum and read about it. Everyone interested is welcome to participate, either by showing improvements/modifications you've made to your Montana or just by observing. We'll do this on Sunday afternoon, and it will be an informal event with the group going to each coach in succession, similar to a progressive dinner (but without the food!).

To make the activity more interesting, I'd like to compile a list to copy for everyone so you'll know who's done what. So far, I have these owners' items (in no particular order):

1. ToolmanRoy
Roy & Nancy; Jacksonville, OR
- Opened up space above microwave and below oven

2. DHenry
Doug & Sharon; Forestville, CA
- mentioned they've done a few improvements, but I don't yet have the specifics (please send)

3. Parrothead
Ed & Sue; Hemet/Morgan Hill, CA
- Will bring pictures of the improvements (not bringing their Monty?), but I don't yet have the specifics (please send)

4. GypsySCM
Sharon; Rapid City, SD
- Solar system, Mor/Ryde independent suspension and king pin, hydraulic disc brakes, hydraulic HWH levelers

5. HamRad
Dennis & Mary Kay; Bakersfield, CA
- swapped table and recliner locations

6. Dave Anderson
Dave & Kelly; Ferndale, WA
- Solar system, Mor/Ryde system

If you haven't yet sent me your list and would like to participate, please do so by May 20. If you only want to observe, there's no need to respond.

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to the Rally and meeting everyone!
Sharon
Old 05-18-2005, 01:58 PM   #17
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Nice try Don but I won't fall for that one unless there is a smell of fresh cookies coming from the Montana. Then I might find my way over to help you with the supervision.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:24 AM   #18
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Right, nice try Don! I'd love to watch you doing the work on your rig, then I'll show and tell you how well I learned the techniques!
Old 05-20-2005, 07:33 PM   #19
Montana_2048
Established Member

M.O.C. #2048
I am def up on joining the group on critiquing Dons detailing as well! It would however need to be done from a respectful distance for vision acuity while preferably sitting down .

We would also be happy to share the few improvements we have made including solar, inverter with additional 30A transfer switch and 15A aux a/c input...

Has anybody replaced that crazy "lazy susan" ??
Old 05-21-2005, 04:01 AM   #20
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I removed the lazy susan and installed shelves in it's place.
Closed Thread