Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2008, 05:25 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Mackinaw and the rain....

We have been in Mackinaw City since last Sunday and the weather was perfect. Well at least the 1st 5 days were. Yesterday and today we have had lots of rain.
All week we were on the go from Mackinaw City to Mackinac Island to St Ignace and a day trip up to Sault Ste Marie. Down to Cheboygan to the Wally World Supercenter.
Today is the Corvette and Crafts show and both of course are outside. This rain has really put a damper (pun intended) on both shows.
There has to be 100+ Vettes of all years but with the rain it's kinda difficult to get a good look. Most of the owners are doing their best, between showers, to show off these beauties. If nothing more it is quite obvious who has the best wax job. There was only a couple that did not have the rain beading up on their cars.
The Craft show is outside but under individual canopies. That helps protect the Crafts but does nothing for the spectators.

BTW--Did you know that Mackinaw and Mackinac are both pronounced the same? The island is spelled Mackinac put pronounced Mackin"awh" and not Mackin"ak". The difference in spelling is only for the US Post office.

ANOTHER BTW to sailer...You picked a good day to pull out. As I said it's been raining since you left. You could have waited a bit longer and taken it with you.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
I visited that area in 2004 I think it was. I really liked Michigan. As I recall the French named the Island and after an Indian word, and it is their spelling that was weird to us English speakers. I tried a pastie meat pie, and was not overwhelmed. But the Traverse City sweet cherries, and the corn and blue berries all over were wonderful. I did do the fudge thing just to live up to the tourist image, of course.

Safe Travels,
Gene and Judi
genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:18 AM   #3
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Glenn,
Lynn and I did Mackinaw area and Traverse City/Bellaire, MI in July. Rode bikes all over the island and ate cherries at Traverse. Also visited Dave and Cheryl (dsprik) while in Bellaire visiting Lynn's relatives. Hope the weather has cleared for you. Send the rain east, we need it! See you at the Rally!!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #4
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
That is a nice area. We really enjoyed our visit there in 2004 and we would like to go back there sometime! Drummond Island was very interesting! Did you go there also?

On Edit: here are a couple of photos from our trip to Mackinaw.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Well glenn we had rain for the 100 plus miles south into wisconsin but ran out here in crivitz, wi but that nite we got rain,,, now it s cold as h--- here... its time to leave that place but we are going to petoski on sept 4 and then start south for goshen ,,, sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote