Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2023, 04:20 AM   #1
Smabernethy

M.O.C. #32189
Any 3855BR or 3857BR owners out there?

About to pull the trigger on a 2023 Montana 3857BR and go full time..... if there are any owners out there.... would be interested in the build quality, etc..... how's the airflow in that office?

Smabernethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 09:09 PM   #2
Rbrownfield23

M.O.C. #32267
We have the 2022 3855BR, but I believe they have changed the office/bonus room configuration in the 2023s - which looks like it may help with air flow. The A/C air flow in ours isn't great, but it's not terrible either. We also have tried to avoid camping in weather above 85 degrees. Heating in that room is perfect.
Rbrownfield23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 06:40 AM   #3
Andy Smith
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25951
I'm in a 2020 *2019 build date* version of that one. The office room doesn't get great airflow. I've wondered how to improve it. There is a bit of a draft that comes in from the furnace return vents and lets a lot of warm humid air in. When it's hot out, I usually block those off, which helps.

Otherwise, couldn't be happier. I love the floorplan, and appliances/features are fantastic. I live in it FT and work from home as a software engineer. Most of it is extremely durable. Some improvements I made were replacing the toilet seal with a foam/rubber flange, I've taped over the seams where the roof membrane tucks into the trim, because there was some water leaking in, changed out all the furniture for better stuff, upgraded batteries to 2 group 27 AGMs, and am working on taking out the carpet from the office and replacing with insulated vinyl plank.
Old 01-24-2023, 02:52 PM   #4
MSand
Established Member

M.O.C. #31057
We've been in our 2022 3855BR since June. I've been working full time from the office and can say that room is always closer to the outside temp than anywhere else in the RV. Keep a fan to blow in extra AC in the summer, and a radient heater to provide extra warmth in the winter. Have the windows open right now.

Build quality on the unit hasn't been great, but no major issues so far other than a leak in the outdoor kitchen that soaked the subfloor and caused mold. We are in the warranty repair process right now to get it fixed. The issues have been things like one wall was made too tall, and there is a gap between the wall and the ceiling between the bedroom and bathroom. There is a gap between the wall and the stairs. One of the steps is not level. Things like that.

We love the floor plan. The unit tows great. I do wish it had about 1000 lbs more cargo capacity to actually use it fully. We are pretty close to max weight with all the tanks empty.

We replaced the couch in the office with filing cabinets to make it more functional for us. We also pulled the table out and put in cabinets for extra drawer space. Ordered a counter top that matches the island to put on the cabinets so it looks great in the space. We also had the third AC installed as anytime it got over 85, two just didn't keep up.
MSand is offline   Reply With Quote