Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2012, 04:47 AM   #1
Marty79
Established Member

M.O.C. #12767
Jumped in with both feet.

Hi All,

My wife Nancy and I decided to think seriously about leaving our 9 -5 jobs and start work camping. We never owned a camper before and started to do some background work. That was fall of 2011. In February of 2012 one of the car lots in town who also sell boat and RVs had 2 nice looking 5ers and a really nice 2008 Chevy 3500HD/DRW/CC. Come to find out they were being sold as a package deal. So, we looked and thought about it for about a week. Well here I am with a Chevy diesel and a Montana Mountaineer 347THT! Love it. In May I was really hitting the wall with frustration at my job. that was one of the happiest days in my life. So, now I take care of the house and house on wheels and help out at the Humane Society.

Nancy is still working for the Baldwin County Humane Society but is also looking forward to hitting the road for a cooler northern climate in the summer. The summer here in L.A.(Lower Alabama) are terrible.

Marty79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Good luck with the work camping.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Hello there and congrats on the new purchase and great to hear from you. When you think about a summer trip north, your welcome to join us at Alice Springs RV Park and Resort, Ionia, Michigan. We host the Saturday afternoon jams from 4 to 6 and usually have a cook out after. Its a beautiful park and we're sure you'll love it. When you come in the park the first trailer you come to is us, says, Steve, Susie and Friends Class Country Music on the front and back, can't miss it. Hope to hear more from you and meet you one day. Happy Trails, Steve and Susie
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Congratulations and enjoy the new life style.
Something similar here, but not workcamping. Was already planning retirement for March 2008 after 35 yrs at the same company as I was reaching 62, tired of long daily commute in heavy traffic, and tired of work related long distance travel for up to 2 weeks at a time. We also own a small business the DW runs, but with a lot of good employees she is usually able to take extended time off when she wants.
So we jumped in and bought a new truck and new Montana in July 2007 anticipating the new freedoms. And we certainly have. We both grew up camping with family, but nothing more than tent camping. And my family did not even use a tent when I was young.
Have been spending 35-40 nights in the Monty each year and wishing for more. But DW's mother's health has sometimes limited the time we can be away. But she is doing better and we look forward to using it even more than we have been.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Dave and Nancy- Firat of all welcome aboard the best forum site you will find on the www! Though we are not fulltimers (and there are time we wish were but we have three grandbabies we enjoy here at home) I'd recommend you go through all of the threads here and check out what you may find interesting. Also to to the Search engine above and click on it. Type in fulltiming and you will find an enormous amount of threads concerning fulltiming and items connected with it. IF you don't find enough go to the archives and bring the threads up from there also. There is also a section here on the forum for Fulltimers and threads within it. I envy you and your future in roaming the US and getting to meet all of the MOC members across this great nation. In fact, if you can break away from your routine, why not join us up in Goshen, IN for this Fall's Montana Rally. You can check out the threads under the Rally section here and if you can come on up and join us for a fun filled Rally meeting other MOC members and learning a whole lot about your unit. Did I mention the factory tour where you get to see how your unit was put together from the frame up and did I mention all of the food we eat also! Come on up and join us!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Congratulations and welcome to the MOC and full timing. We love it and I'm sure you will also. Come to the Rally if you can and either way we hope to meet you down the road.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #7
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Welcome David and Nancy, and congratulations on the new truck and trailer. Kind of nice to get a whole new perspective on life once in a while, huh?!

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:43 AM   #8
Marty79
Established Member

M.O.C. #12767
Thanks for the warm welcome! I may come up to the Rally in Goshen in September. If I do I will most likely be by myself Nan said she needs to stay and work.

Thanks again!
Marty79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:26 AM   #9
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Marty79

I may come up to the Rally in Goshen in September. If I do I will most likely be by myself Nan said she needs to stay and work.

Thanks again!
I'm in the same boat - er, trailer, if you will. Kris is still working, and I am not. She has absolutely no problem if I wanted to go out by myself, although I would need a helper to back up, but I will feel guilty if I do as I want to share all the trips with her. That's my issue with Quartzite, I really want to go but that is a bad time for her to be gone...

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #10
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Enjoy your new Montana!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote