Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
bruiser
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6319
Doing my part for the economy

We all know that increased consumer spending is vital to getting this economy improving. With this in mind, I thought, why not look at the new trucks. I also made the mistake of letting my son drive the 06 GMC while his 1/2 ton was in for repairs. Much to my surprise, he really liked the truck. Well, maybe I wasn't so surprised.

After a month of checking prices and yes, even looking at Fords I decided on a new 09 GMC loaded up with almost everything you can put on them. (Will I ever use the rear DVD player?) The pricing along with the manufacturers incentives was just too good to turn down. ($58,500.00 Canadian or about $53,000.00 US) I hope this helps put someone back to work. Now all we need is a few million more people (those that can still afford to) to open up their wallets and get this economy moving again.

Maybe in a few years I'll let my son drive the 09. By the way, my son got the "Dad" deal on the 06 - about $12,000 less than it was worth.

Moral of the story - Don't let your kids drive your truck unless you want to get a new one.

bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote