Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
Buffpilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5227
Landing Gear Feet

I just ordered and received new landing gear feet from Ultra Fab. They are the adjustable models and they did not come with any instructions. Thought it would be a simple remove and replace but not so. Had to install them with the length of the foot going left to right not the traditional north south alignment. Anyone else used/installed this product? If so, how did you do it. Big advantage is it allows 3/4 inch adjustment up and down to level the feet before raising the Monty. Thanks

Buffpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:32 AM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Buffpilot, I think I know what the problem is, when they installed your landing gear they put the legs in with the adjustment holes going for and instead of side to side. This is an easy fix, just hook up to the truck and run the rear wheels of the truck up on a couple boards to elevate the the landing gear above where the inner legs will drop completely out of the outer legs. Then drop them out and rotate them 90 degrees and reinsert them. If yours is like ours there holes on all four sides of the outer legs. Just reinsert the locking pins and lower the truck. That should get the feet in the orientation you need... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #3
Buffpilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5227
Wow! thanks Dave. I would have never thought of that, very clear instructions and I will do this very soon.
Buffpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Bob, not a problem, I was all stressed out because mine were the same way when I got my JT's Strong Arm Stabilizers and when I called JT's to ask about this they said I could either do it this way or just put the mounts on the other way and go from there. I also got the JT's elephant feet which are round so it didn't matter which way the legs were so I just left my legs as is and mounted the stabilizers to fit. The Elephant feet and shoes were a bit expensive but I have never regretted my decision to buy them. They are so much bigger that the stock feet and never leave any damage behind... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote