Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2012, 03:36 AM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Combo unit and wet clothes

Has anyone had any problems with the Splendide combo unit leaving wet spots on some of the clothes? After we do a load of laundry most of the clothes will be dry and then there will be a spot or two where some of the clothes are simply wet. It seems to be in one small area. Just wondering if something is wrong or perhaps the load may be too large. Someone told us at a Camping World that there wasn’t anything wrong with the unit. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Old 06-20-2012, 05:01 AM   #2
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
I'm no expert, although I do own and use a Splendide combo unit. Sometimes I end up with a very damp, not dripping wet, area on otherwise dry clothes; I suspect it's because that damp area got tangled up in the load and didn't get tumbled freely to get totally dry (like when a sock or something ends up in the corner of a sheet). I do know that if you pack the washer too full, you'll not only end up with damp places but also with very wrinkled clothes.

Good luck tracking down the "wet" culprit.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:42 AM   #3
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Call Splendide, they are very helpful.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
I have the combo unit, but, almost NEVER run it from wash to dry. I wash, have the unit stop, take the clothes out, shake em and then, fold them (like the tshirts or jeans or towels) and then dry.

For the most part, if I don't dry long enough after the shake and fold, it may be that I just did not dry long enough.

But, sheets, whewie, yep, almost always have a damp spot. I sometimes dry again, sometimes I just spread it out on the bed and let it finish air drying. Does not take long.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mrs. CountryGuy

I have the combo unit, but, almost NEVER run it from wash to dry. I wash, have the unit stop, take the clothes out, shake em and then, fold them (like the tshirts or jeans or towels) and then dry.

For the most part, if I don't dry long enough after the shake and fold, it may be that I just did not dry long enough.

But, sheets, whewie, yep, almost always have a damp spot. I sometimes dry again, sometimes I just spread it out on the bed and let it finish air drying. Does not take long.
Same for me. I tried to avoid the take them out and fold them part like it says in the manual but you have to do it. Usually at that point I take the shirts out and hang them in the shower. I also use a couple of those laundry balls from Walmart (or anywhere else) and that helps cut down on the damp spots. Sheets, however, I have to take out and turn them so the damp spot is exposed and then dry again for a few minutes. The good news on that is that the laundry balls are usually caught up on the sheet and when they fly out the cats get to play with them for awhile.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
????? Thought you figured out the problem and resolved it by spending a couple of bucks at Camping World? Just kidding, I know the reason for the post!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #7
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
I forgot to add that I rarely let my clothes dry completely unless I'm doing a load of something that wouldn't wrinkle anyway (socks, underwear, etc.). I let most shirts, shorts, pants, etc., dry for about 10 minutes and then I take them out, give them a good shake, and then hang them up to finish drying. I do NOT iron!

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #8
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

????? Thought you figured out the problem and resolved it by spending a couple of bucks at Camping World? Just kidding, I know the reason for the post!!
Bingo

You got it right for sure!
We switched to the stackable units but was trying to figure out if there was something wrong with it or not. I personally think when I took care of the laundry it was probably due to overstuffing it. The clothes do get dry and as a matter of fact they will get hot. As mentioned I do notice a spot or two where it’s still wet. I suppose this is as good as a time as any but I’m offering the combo unit for sale.

OBTW, we had the stackable units professionally installed by one engineer (Bingo) and one blue color worker (myself) who did a fantastic job I might add! Thanks Bingo for your help!
Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #9
jrabbit
Established Member

M.O.C. #12435
yes, it is normal for there to be a wet spot if you overload the machine or don't rearrange before completing the dry cycle.

My solution is to set the machine to a 20 minute dry cycle initially, then I remove the big items, like tshirts or towels and hang them dry (they are damp now). Other items are rearranged, but I don't usually take anything out of the machine. I set it for 20-40 minutes to continue drying, and nearly always, everything is dry.
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:59 AM   #10
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
First, the clothes come out slightly damp by design and you hang them up to keep the clothes from wrinkling. Second, we leave a tennis ball in the washer all the time to keep the clothes from balling up.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:26 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I have no iea even how to use the W/D.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:54 AM   #12
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I am with Rich on that one, I can struggle through the installation, but actual operation must be left for professionals!!
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
cwalker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9730
Does anyone use the low spin button? I haven't tried it but thought it might help keep the wrinkles out.
cwalker is offline   Reply With Quote