Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2004, 12:35 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Shower leak revisited

I had posted earlier that at the suggestion of another Monty owner, I opened the access panel under the shower and found a wet spot. Further investigation showed it to be a pressure leak.

I pulled the faucet, inspected and found a significant amount of calcification. The prior owner probably didn't use an intake filter. The faucets used by Keystone are by Utopia and are totally plastic so I just replaced it rather than trying to fix it or decalcify it. Unless an acceptable upgrade can be found, I expect to have to replace it about every two years.

Some one had suggested putting a sawed-off plastic milk jug behind the inspection panel to give a margin of safety should a leak occur. I did that and will schedule opening the inspection panel for a look-see on my preventive maintenance protocol.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 07:55 AM   #2
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
After your post, I checked under our shower. Dry, thank heavens.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote