Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2005, 05:16 PM   #1
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
South Texas Water

We are planning on spending next winter in south Texas and are wondering about the quality of the water - hard, soft, stinky, etc. We would also like to hear from others who winter there for RV park suggestions, etc. Thanks!

bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:24 AM   #2
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
We spend the winter in McAllen, Tx. We have a whole house filter system with sediment and charcoal filters on our unit. The water is drinkable. We have a tabletop water dispenser in our unit as we like refrigerated water to drink. We therefore get our 3 gal. jugs refilled at the many water stations around the city. Others in our area also fill gallon jugs at these stations rather than drink the city water. It is never cold water coming out of the taps in Texas. There are quite a few of us that winter in Texas so I imagine you are going to get several responses. Also, as you are going to South Texas next winter, follow the MOC Camping Clubs Winter Texas link. Maybe we will see you in Texas.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:38 AM   #3
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
We winter in Del Rio, TX (half way between Brownsville & El Paso on border) at the Lonesome Dove RV Ranch. Great place! $225 monthly + elec., large lots, privacy fences, 72 cable channels, only about 50 sites,
small RV Ranch but very homey atmosphere. Water is well water and tastes very good. If you would like more info. let me know.
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:01 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Quoting a thought from Huckleberry Finn, "It all depends on how you was raised." South Texas water is a clean as any other public water system. We chose to drink only reverse osmosis filtered water. Water taste is a matter of to what one becomes acclaimated. The hardness or softness will vary according to what part of South Texas you habituate and depends on mineral content of the feeding aquifer.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:31 AM   #5
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
I do not fulltime so cannot help in that aspect. We make it a point to go to Galveston island once a year. 2 places that come to mind is Delanara RV park in Galveston and SE of Galveston is Crystal beach at the Crystall Canal RV park. I think if I was to stay awhile I would pick Crystal Canal. It is on the intercostal waterway and can literally fish off the back of your trailer. Good crab fishing. Full hookup with cable included. I think phone was available. Delanara is tight if you have slides if you do not get into the new section.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:58 AM   #6
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
We spent our first Texas winter at Victoria Palms RV Resort in Donna, Tx. Enjoyed every minute of our stay. Had no problems with water. We purchased our drinking water - mostly the filtered water sold at a dispenser at Victoria Palms. As Bill and Ann previously stated, check out the winter Texan link under regional clubs - lots of helpful information there.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 05:10 AM   #7
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
We stayed in Los Fresno RV park and was very happy with the accommodations and people. This park is smaller than some places but offer 45 x 90 sites. People were very friendly, great activities and little traffic compared to a lot of the other places.I would go back there if i were going back to TX.

Steve
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 06:04 AM   #8
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
What great information. Thanks so much to everybody. I hope we hook up with some of you next winter.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:41 PM   #9
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
We spent the last 2 winters in Mission TX. Blue Bonnet R V Park 200. + Elect. for 3 Mos stay. Just use in line filter & drink water from tap.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote