Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
The Dukes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7451
Counter extension strut

Our 3150 and some other models have a fold-up extension on the kitchen counter top. Ours would close with the application of very little weight on it. Had it into my dealer for my continuing brake saga and mentioned it to them. Lo and behold, the strut had been installed upside down at the factory, so the click-in locking device couldn't work...must have been installed on a Friday afternoon!

If you have one that easily collapses, check it. The little red collar should be at the top of the area where the strut halves come together, not at the bottom as ours was.

Warren

The Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Nice!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Warren just think, only another year and you will have all the bugs worked out.

Quality and workmanship isn't what it used to be, but I bet they are great at computer games.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #4
The Dukes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7451
I hope it doesn't take a year. Aside from the brake saga, it's been little stuff. Two of the hydraulic lines to the slide shut off valves were reversed when hooked up and controlled a slide different than labeled...that's not very good quaility control as you have commented.

I think the brake thing is about over. Our dealer, with Keystone approval, replaced the other backing plate, brake and adjuster assy. on the curb side and both drivers side wheel assys. were overgreased and had to be cleaned up and all 4 wheel seals replaced. I just checked UPS tracking and the old parts were delivered to Keystone today (they paid the shipping cost) and I have been told we would be reimbursed for our on-road repairs upon their receipt of the old parts...no money in hand yet, but hoping. That whole problem was Dexter's fault, not Keystone's. I don't know why they put "Bearing Buddies" on anything that doesn't get put in and out of water all the time anyway.

Warren
The Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote