Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
WARNING, WARNING!!!!!!!!

DON'T LOOK AT THE NEW 2011 3750FL, or should i say don't tell your wife to go look around while you go inside to get parts. IMO, IT's AWESOME. Just a warning. Before i could say WHAT, DW had some ballpark numbers for a trade in and the discount on the 3750FL. She just told me the other day she love's our 3465SA. Go figure.

Kevin

swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Kevin, I looked at one in Phoenix earlier this year and the dealer said those dreadful words: "Bring the wife by to have a look!" No Way Jose (no offense to my latino friends). I have only showed her the floorplan and she doesn't like the bathroom with the door to the outside. I said I agree and let's keep what we have. AMEN
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Phil, you are a smoooth mouth feller.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Swanny ;;don't let her talk you into it ,,,It will cost you ;;;sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
db_engineer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9068
DW and I have both seen it several times, at the factory tour last year, at CW and at at the Mid-atlantic rally. We both hate it. In fact, we have yet to see anything we would trade our 3465SA for.
db_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
doofus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10583
I guess having a second entry (escape?) door to the bathroom would be handy if you have to retrieve something from the bedroom when the slides are in; saves one from having to climb over the dinette table. And the second bedroom slide allows for a running start to get into bed.

While opinions are like chins (everyone has at least one), as my knees get older, I appreciate an RV with the fewest number of steps to climb to get to where I spend the most time. Since I live in the living room, having steps between it and the rest of the RV seems like a needless obstacle. Just my $.02.
doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:07 AM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
There is no access to the bedroom when the slides are in, however, you can go from door to door, with bathroom, kitchen and dining room access when all slides are in. Careful Swanny, the dealers are dealing, else we would not be staying our first weekend in our new 3750FL. Oh, and Phil, we were completely happy with the 3400 as well, but absolutely love this floorplan. The biggest advantage we have seen so far is that the washer/dryer when in use, does not block the entrance to the rig since it is in the bathroom. The designers did good. Today begins DW's interior decorating adventure in the new rig. Gotta run home and get the camera to post pictures this evening!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
Snowbirds
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2082
We had a Fleetwood Terry with the upfront living room and had steps down to the kitchen, more steps down to the bathroom, and more steps down to the rear bedroom. By the time I got out of bed and up to the living room I had to take another nap from fatique. At the present we are loving our 011 Montana 3465....We just towed it to Florida without the Chinese maypops popping and at 90 degrees we are loving the 2 A/C's....
Snowbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #9
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by db_engineer

DW and I have both seen it several times, at the factory tour last year, at CW and at at the Mid-atlantic rally. We both hate it. In fact, we have yet to see anything we would trade our 3465SA for.
Have to agree, have not seen a floor plan that beats our 3400RL, but each to his own.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #10
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
My .02 cents. The 3750 FL is our 3rd fifth wheel and this floor plan is awesome. Every trip we like it more. It's interesting that people without the floor plan are so critical of the bathroom and the second door. The bathroom and door are not a problem in any way from our experience. The bathroom is huge, plenty of room for two people, bright, with tons of storage, and the full width of the camper. I have read concerns about the door in the bathroom but we just keep it locked when we are in it and no one will ever invade our privacy, a pretty simple plan. What we also like is when we have company sleeping up front we use the rear door, with the bathroom door closed, so we don't disturb them. When we are at the site we leave the rear door unlocked so guests can go directly into the bathroom. We couldn't be more pleased with this camper and the floor plan because is truly is a condo on wheels, with basically 4 rooms. I can't wait to sell my house and move in full time!
snowhawk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #11
debbi

M.O.C. #10946
We are in the planning stages of purchasing the 3750. Our thoughts on access to the bedroom with the slides in, we thought about changing the bedroom door hinges to open from the other side. Is that a possibility?
debbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:52 AM   #12
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
We saw it at the Tampa show last January - not for us, and see no need to get all defensive about our likes/dislikes, but if everyone liked the same model they would only have one model, so . . . if this is your cup of tea, then enjoy!
Jerry and Sandy
Jdrobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:42 AM   #13
PatnRich
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1250
Phil, I also pointed out the second door to the bathroom. I showed her the early pics of that door with the clear glass!! Deal breaker,WHEW!!
PatnRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:25 AM   #14
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Debbi, No it is not. When both slides are in, you cannot access the bedroom at all. The door opens about 3 inches and hits the slide and will do the same on the other side, but perhaps 6". With the slides in, look through the rear window and you can see how the slides come together and under. It is pretty unique, in that the bed actually goes under the wardrobe doors and the drawers recess.

Pat and Rich, Our second door leading to the bathroom is not clear glass. One cannot see through our door. I think the first coaches that came out had the clear glass. A change was made.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:51 AM   #15
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jdrobone

We saw it at the Tampa show last January - not for us, and see no need to get all defensive about our likes/dislikes, but if everyone liked the same model they would only have one model, so . . . if this is your cup of tea, then enjoy!
Jerry and Sandy
Agree...to each his/her own.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #16
AaronAnita
Established Member

M.O.C. #10922
Send a message via MSN to AaronAnita
We really like ours. We looked at many different makes and models and could not be happier with what we bought!
AaronAnita is offline   Reply With Quote