Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2009, 02:41 AM   #21
Jetson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #180
We took some friends to the RV show a couple weeks ago, but didn't see anything we had to have. It took a few years getting the bugs worked out of ours and I don't want to start that process again. We're still planning improvements to our current rig and we'll have to keep it in order to do those things.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:48 AM   #22
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
If I ever fulltime I will get a new big rig but for occasional camping like I do it is not worthwhile to get a new one. Besides if I bought a new one Betty probably wouldn't let me work on it for a few years so that takes half the fun out it. I may just re-model this one to bigger screen tvs etc.

Lost track of the miles I put on this old girl and she is still holding up.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #23
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
It is good to hear the plans of others with Montana's who plan to keep them for several more years. After our first 2 plus years of several infant mortality problems, our 2006 3400RL too is starting to settle down a bit. But hasn't been on the road for several months since we stay in AZ from Novemeber to April. If the mortality rate has settled down to a dull roar we may keep our unit for several more years. IMHO, now is not the time to trade up or sell anyway. I do know I wouldn't want to go through a similar experience again on a new one. :-)
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #24
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
When we started in the "heavy camping" life after work allowed we picked up a used class A. We had it for 5 years as it steadily fell apart. We sold it with no plans then got a deal on a TT. We kept it six months and bought our first Montana. It was a 3295RK. It had some early problems but eventually it all worked out until we saw the Cambridge about. So after 2 seasons in the 3295, we jumped to the Cambridge. It has not been the most reliable on the road (overloaded tires) but it is so livable and meets Victoria's needs very well. This will be our 4th full season and I see no change in site. If I had a desire, it would be to downsize but I don't think Vikki would approve.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote