Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #21
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by FLSTS03

Will,I agree with the factory about thermal expansion and a closed system, but a T&P valve is still considered a safety relief valve by most and should be treated as such(old school in me). While thermal expansion could be the culprit for a weeping T&P valve, Jacks comment about released pressure caused me to speculate/assume beyond a simple weep or drip ,mainly because of his shortage of hot water.
Your post did get me thinking why Keystone, as well as all mfgs, don't just go ahead and install a thermal expansion device as a necessary part of the hot water system(IBC code on a stick house) and where in the heck is the check valve on the Monty's fresh water system that makes this a closed system. Steve
The city water inlet ordinarily has a check in it. I've wanted to check the pressure on the water system in the RV to see how much it rises due to thermal expansion. I've often wondered if we might be wasting our time with a regulator on the inlet if the "closed" system builds up much pressure. It does seem we get a sudden burst of pressure, especially when we first turn the shower on. We're dealing with a new water heater in this thread, but, I know ours performs a lot better after I flushed it out the other day. At two years, the anode looked like a coat hanger wire.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #22
JacknBetsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7632
Thanks for everyone's help in this matter. We are planning to take the Montana out the last weekend of March, so we will check the pressure valve and replenish the air pocket per your instructions. Thanks again...we'll let you know!
JacknBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote