Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Unintended consequences

We are having a beautiful evening here, cool wind from the North, windows open. A neighbor started a campfire up 3 trailers and across the way, the wind is blowing directly into us, Mesquite smoke is unbearable. Not nice at all.
They are having a great time, we, and everyone else downwind is not. We had to close our trailer up and turn the A/C on.
Think about it folks. Probably nice people, and if they were sitting here, they would not have the fire going. I wouldn't.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:45 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
If it is as breezy there as here at Aransas Pass, I would be concerned about sparks on the roof. Some folks just don't seem to have a clue when it comes to good old common sense and courtesy.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:13 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Will, it is breezy and surprisingly dry, the grass and tree droppings crunches when you walk on it.
I will be talking to management today to check the campground policy on this. They have a kettle, no one else has anything like it. The logs they use hang over the kettle when burning.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:47 PM   #4
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
You would think after Southern California.... No one would have open fires.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:54 AM   #5
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
If your still where you were that is surprising= kinda close as I remember. However I haven't seen any burn bans posted around here as of yet, With the recent rains it could be awhile before that occurs. Common courtesay should prevail in that situation--- or--- invite yall over and furnish the refreshments.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:40 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
They pulled out yesterday morning...left a big white trash bag full of ash and cinders for someone to clean up. 'White trash....'
Old 10-26-2007, 06:45 PM   #7
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

They pulled out yesterday morning...left a big white trash bag full of ash and cinders for someone to clean up. 'White trash....'

Ouch!!!! getting close to my name HA HA
Old 10-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #8
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Ozz, don't they have dumpsters down there? Since we've never been down to Padre, what do people do with the ash from the fire pits? Dumpster? Sorry if the questions seem dumb. We use the state parks mostly and enjoy them very much. The parks employ folks to clean the fire pits. Do the resorts have different rules? If the wind was strong I would have not had a fire. If I did have a fire and noticed the smoke I would have made my apologies. Then put it out. Our fires don't normally make a lot of smoke. I hate smoke in my face also.
Chuck
PS. Sounds like your going to be enjoying your new site. Keep us working stiffs updated on your exploits.
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:41 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Ouch!!!! getting close to my name HA HA
No Don, the bag of trash was White.......
Old 10-27-2007, 02:48 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lwcdg

Ozz, don't they have dumpsters down there? Since we've never been down to Padre, what do people do with the ash from the fire pits? Dumpster? Sorry if the questions seem dumb. We use the state parks mostly and enjoy them very much. The parks employ folks to clean the fire pits. Do the resorts have different rules? If the wind was strong I would have not had a fire. If I did have a fire and noticed the smoke I would have made my apologies. Then put it out. Our fires don't normally make a lot of smoke. I hate smoke in my face also.
Chuck
PS. Sounds like your going to be enjoying your new site. Keep us working stiffs updated on your exploits.
Chuck, I think these people were not concerned about their smoke, or their trash, they were using a kettle for the fire, but the firewood was hanging over the side, they pulled out the next day, so I didn't persue the situation, I just thought by leaving their ash, it showed poor taste and manners. The dumpster is 1/2 block down the lane from them.
We are still in San Antonio, we are connected to an 8 mile bike trail along the San Antonio river, I have been putting the miles on. My joints are complaining! Have to get whipped back into shape. I don't think they allow camp fires in Padre, it really is too windy there as a rule.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:15 AM   #11
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
A kettle? Enough said, I understand.
Chuck
Old 10-27-2007, 06:16 AM   #12
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Chuck
Old 10-27-2007, 06:17 AM   #13
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Chuck
Old 10-27-2007, 06:24 AM   #14
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Sorry kept getting SQL error, thus I thought it didn't post.
Admin please delete the duplicate posts
Thanks
Chuck