Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Keystone customer service(A+)

I just arrived back home in Iowa after a spending a couple of nights in Goshen. While I was there Darrel went over what was happening with my flex in the front and what they would do to make sure it didn't happen again. He even took me back there to show me the progress of all the extra bracing they put in to help support the extra weight on the front overhang with my front living room. They checked all the slides and said they all looked really good. While I was there I met Outahere(Mike and Karen) who had the landing gear break and couldn't get the trailer unhooked from the truck. Darrel got them repaired and going on to there full time stint in Kentucky.

THANKS AGAIN KEYSTONE FOR A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!

Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ron, Darrel and George are the guys we worked with when there. I agree, they are super. I don't know how they do that job and continue to smile throughout. I hope Keystone takes good care of both of them.

So Outahere were there! We met them a few years ago when they were in Waco, TX, and we were in Austin. Very nice folks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:39 AM   #3
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
They were great neighbors while I was staying at the service center. They have a 2003 front living room that was before mine and that gave us a common ground to start talking about and from then on it went to the MOC and last years fall rally and so on and so on.

I would never make it as a customer service worker. While we were siting there in the lobby there was another couple who were complaining about everything under the sun. And wanted everything free. They argued about everything Keystone offered and just all around didn't seen like you could make them happy. Needless to say Mike and I were done and on our way after one day and they were still sitting there the second day still not getting worked on. I told Mike (Outahere) that Those people were going about it all wrong. They were telling Keystone what to do and expecting them to jump. Where we went about it as asking Keystone what they think about this problem and what they feel we should do about it. Got much better results and in the long run got it done quicker.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:45 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I hope that Keystone does not ever decide to apply any "cost effective" measures on the service center. Customer service is the one area that Keystone gets an A+ in.(from me anyhow)These guys are true professionals(been there met them)
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:44 AM   #5
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
As I have read, a number of MOC'ers have visited the service center in Goshen. Most of the comments have been positive.

My question is: How and why did you visit the service center? Did you just call and make an appointment, or ???

We have had our 3400 for 11 months and the warranty soon will be up. Can I make an appt. now before the warranty to have a couple of items checked? (One of my son's lives in Goshen, so would be a convient trip for us)

Thanks to all for the great information.
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:08 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
You call and talk to the customer service people. If the work is something a dealer can do they will want you to go to a dealer. There are some things they prefer to do themselves and they'll make an appointment for you. There have been well over 20,000 Montanas sold (as of over a year ago) and there's no way the service center can handle too many at a time. If you are in the area, stop and talk to them. Otherwise call. Don't expect to automatically get an appointment, though. You can ask if you can bring it in, telling them you'd prefer that. They may or may not say ok, depending on their schedule. They're often booked up for a couple of months or more. I've asked and sometimes been told to see my dealer.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:43 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
your dealer is usually your first and best choice.For a visit you can just drop by,The address is 2425 Davis Dr, Goshen, Ind 46526. It is within the Keystone plant complex. You do need a appointment and they are booked 2 or 3 months in advance.If your are nearing the end of your 1 year warranty you should have a list of issues, large or small that you want corrected.Our Appointment for April 16 was made in Jan and we are going to the service center only because there are some repair issues that the service center is better equipped to deal with.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote