Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2005, 05:13 PM   #1
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Re: DVD player

We have the Tosheba TV with the Quest? DVd, CD player with the surround sound, etc. It plays regular DVD's but will not play VCD's. Our cheap DVD player at home plays VCD, CD, JPeg files etc, but the one in the Montana will not play my Picture and movie VCD'd. It plays JPeg files OK. Does anyone have that problem? I am ready to eiher add another DVD, or take the one that came with the Montana and replace it.

Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:28 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Ronnelly,
Do a search on the dvd player. It is something that has been talked about before. I am on my third dvd player and it is no better than the other two. This coming xmas, my present to myself is a Bose system for the coach, along with window awnings. I can play burned dvd's and cd's from my quest unit sometimes, but really just tired of the whole thing and am going to upgrade.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:37 PM   #3
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
I replaced the Quest unit. We got an all-in-one unit that came with better speakers and a subwoofer. The sound quality is better and there is no more hassle with the Quest for playing DVDs. Our problems were with bass, either it was set to full or off, there was no adjustment possible. And with the Parental Control feature...every DVD required us to enter a password. we could not disable it or change the password.

Fred
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:21 AM   #4
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Yes, the Quest 2000 is a piece of junk. Sorry you had to learn the hard way. Understand Keystone has gone to the Quest 3000. When I upgraded I called Keystone about returning the really horrible unit I had and they told me they did not want it. There are several good choices on the market that are not all that expensive. Enjoy your replacement.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:13 AM   #5
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
As you will see in your search on this subject, a lot of us have gotten ride of that piece of junk. Many of us have replaced it with a Sony system that came with new speakers. Sony makes a system that handles all of the different formats and comes with the AM/FM, 6 cd changer along with the DVD player.
Ken and Velda
Dahlgren VA
2005 3475 Montana
2005 2500HD GMC Crewcab Duramax with edge and attitude
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:05 AM   #6
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We love our new Sony. We listened to the Bose system and it was wonderful but the price just wasn't worth it to us for the small area it fits in. If we still had our big brick house that is the unit we would have bought.

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote