Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2005, 10:33 AM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Interior Ceiling Color Match

After several failed attempts to match the very white ceiling color to hide a few imperfections I wound the "perfect" color match. Most of the attempts dried darker that the ultra white and looked cheap.

But the perfect touch up believe it or not is old fashioned liquid white out! The stuff you would use when you mis typed on a typewriter. I could not believe what a great job it did, I could not see the touched up area.

I think the white out was on sale at Walley World for 88 cents!

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 11:08 AM   #2
Montana_3845
Established Member

M.O.C. #3845
I posted in the past another matching paint which matched pretty well for a large area,it was ZINSSER BULLS EYE primer sealer1-2-3- , water base stain killer.White as it comes out of the can.
I used it to cover a brown stain and it matched so good I did not have to put on a final coat.
I presume your ceiling is a flat white as is mine.

GENEO
Montana_3845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 11:13 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I haven't had to do any touch ups on Monty but I used white out on our previous ones. Tried it because I had it. Around the kitchen sink some of the staples in the wallboard trim had gotten kind of rusty and white did it. So I tried it on the ceiling also. Dries fast, cheap and I didn't have to go to the store.
Happy trails...........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote