Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2004, 12:38 PM   #1
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
3400 computer plug?

Where are you all plugging in your computers in the 3400. I have no electrical outlet in the entertainment slide......

FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:51 PM   #2
t1mrtork
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1744
Send a message via MSN to t1mrtork
Sharon, we have a plug in the corner of the desk, right above the desk. The phone jack is in the back corner of camper below the side window.
t1mrtork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:52 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I had a hole drilled in the computer desk with and inserted a plastic cap through it and now plug the lap top into the electrical plug below my desk. There is also a plug to the right of the window by your left arm when sitting at the desk. Mine is covered by the curtain, if you pull it back out of your way you should be able to see it there. Good luck on finding the outlet.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:11 PM   #4
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Not positive, but I believe we also have an electrical outlet above the desk too. Mine is parked at the barn and I will take a look tomorrow when I put all the clean linen back on the bed's.

Will let you know. Maybe they missed it on the 05's.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 04:20 PM   #5
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Well, that is very interesting. I have the phone jack, and I have a "dummy" plate below the desk. (solid plate with no place to plug in). I will look tomorrow under the curtain and see if there is something. Just can't imagine there not being a plug by the computer desk
Thanks all
Old 11-20-2004, 05:33 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Sharon,
We have a plug in the back corner above the desk. The plate under the desk can have an electrical plug installed. We had our dealer to do before we took delivery. We drilled a hole in the desk and run some of the cords through the hole to the battery backup that sets on the floor and is plugged into the new outlet. Other than this how do you like your unit. Haven't heard from you much since you took delivery.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 06:44 AM   #7
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
(hanging my head) it's there, hiding behind the curtains. couldn't believe I missed it. Thanks all for your help.

Sue, I love the unit. Been busy removing everything from the house, to the RV. We had to take everything out of the old rv way before I went to Houston. so it was stacked everywhere. Just about have everything back in the Montana, and haven't used half of the space in the new one.
Used the silly shelf in the pantry for all the saran wrap, baggies, foil stuff, and it fits perfectly. Oh, and I got the small coffee maker, filters, bean grinder and stored coffee in the little cabinet on the counter. fits just perfectly also. It's only a 4 cup maker, but it's enough for me in the morning, since Bob doesn't drink coffee.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:43 AM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sounds like you're having fun with your new unit. Do you plan on fulltiming eventually? My hubby is getting a taste for fulltiming somewhere down the road which is so exciting. I was born a vagabond so I'm waiting for him to catch up?

Sharon, what did you think of the quilt show? We already put it on our schedule for next year. Did you attend any classes?
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 08:45 AM   #9
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
Hi We drilled a hole from the cabinet above the tv into the cabinet above the desk, then down thru the bottom of that cabinet , staying behind the curtain. Put the printer on top of the dvd and ran 1 usb cable up thru to a usb port. Now all the wires and STUFF are in the cabinet. Picked up the power in there also. No mess on the desk. It's a wonderful thing!!! Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 01:22 PM   #10
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Judy: The quilt show was fantastic, the vendor mall was awsome, unbelievable really and extremely hard to convey in words.. I took classes on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Mostly applique and hand quilting classes and enjoyed the teachers very much. Where else can you get classes with world class teachers than at an event such as this.

We are not planning on fulltiming, maybe half timing we pretty much have the dogs trained to enjoy the adventure and that was the biggest battle with the Huskies, but they have learned very nicely.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:56 PM   #11
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Glad you found the plug. I did check it out today when I put all the linen back on the beds and its in the corner, outside wall just above the desk, but the curtains don't hide it. They must of made the curtains slightly larger in the 05's.

I saw a 05 at the dealer (can't remember which model) and I LOVE the color of carpet it had. Like a rasberry color. Mine has tan and altho it shows all the dirt it doesn't show the lint.

What color is everyone's 3400?
Old 11-20-2004, 03:52 PM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sharon, I think our dog was born to camp. She is a mix of rat terrier and Australian shepherd. When she was young she was pretty hyper but is an excellent traveler now at age 2. I'm sure glad since we're planning a 14,000 mile trip to Alaska next year.

You're right, the venders mall was really something. I didn't buy very much due to sensory overload, I think. I did get to see John Flynn and Diane Phelan, the artist who puts quilts in her painting. Why, they looked just like regular people! LOL I felt like I was in the presence of movie stars.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 04:30 PM   #13
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Sue,
Our 3400 is the raspberry color you mention. They call it Merlot. I love it but it has been a challenge to match. The drapes are a very dark shade of that - not a burgundy (too red) and not purple or grape (too much blue), But I keep trying. There is a lot of blue in the couch and wallpaper so I've picked up the blue some. It is different and that is what I like.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 05:37 PM   #14
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Sue: mine is that new Spruce color, and I really like it. I've picked up the purple from the headboard in the bedroom, for towels and bedspread. There is actually some really dark purple in the couch, so it all goes together.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:20 PM   #15
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sue,
I have the spring floral interior, but when I placed my order I told the rep at the rv show I would not go through with it unless they would use the merlot carpet instead. I had the light green carpet that went with the spring floral in my 315RLS Mountaineer, and it showed everything. I did not want the tan as it too will show everything, I found I liked all the patterns of the spring floral except the carpet and noticed the merlot matched really well. I am so glad that I insisted to the rep either change the carpet or I am not buying.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 06:29 PM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Just an FYI, we also ordered carpet from a different color scheme than the rest of the coach. Our salesman called Keystone and was told 'no problem'. Your salesman will get confirmation of the order details. He'll also get the specifics again when it's built. Make sure he doublechecks on the carpet both times while maybe it's not too late to straighten it out if it gets screwed up.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 02:06 AM   #17
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Ya, we just stole ours, I mean picked ours off the lot. I think we got a really good deal so I am happy
Old 11-21-2004, 04:43 AM   #18
t1mrtork
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1744
Send a message via MSN to t1mrtork
Sue, our 3400 is also the merlot color. We picked ours off the lot also. We really like the darker color of the carpet as it seems like it hides the dirt alittle better. Except when the furnace runs and we still have little styrofoam balls blow out of the floor vent between the chairs. They tend to stand out on the dark carpet. Our last camper had the green spruce theme with the darker red/merlot carpet. It went together very well. We have not done much other decorating yet. Still just enjoying going out in it when we can. We would like to have a painting or two but there isnt much wall space open to hang anything very big.
t1mrtork is offline   Reply With Quote