Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Oasis RV Resort, Amarillo, TX

A big thanks to a fried for a referring me to the Oasis RV Resort in Amarillo, TX.

First, when I called and made reservations, the nice person on the phone said to make sure that when I arrive to tell whoever is on the desk that I am a VIP. Being a VIP get's you 20% off just about everything. One example is the breakfast. Instead of $7+ it's $5+ .

Did I say "breakfast!" It's more like a feast. Order anything they have, and as much as you can possibly eat, for that one price. I'm sure glad I didn't overindulge and only had one omelet, two pieces of bacon and two pieces of toast, along with about 12 oz. of OJ. They also have BBQ nightly. With fair pricing.

Did I say fair pricing? How's this. Spend two nights and get the third night free. VIP Pricing, $20 a night with FHU. And, laundry is 50 cents and drying time is 50 cents for 1 hour.

Now, if you are the type that likes to shower with your neighbors, shave with them, and other necessary items, than this is NOT the place for you. The rest rooms are completely private with triple locks on the door. One high, one middle and one low (deadbolts). Private toilet, private vanity, and a private shower. The only improvement that I would make would be to put a raised, slatted, wooden platform, about 2 inches high where the dressing seat is located. It would be nice to get off the wet floor from the shower. There's always the hot tub or pool area.

I did mention FHU, but forgot to say that you can wash your RV's, or you can pay $50 and have someone here do it for you.

Do you need repairs. RV Repair shop is on-site, and they will come to your rig.

They are basing their business on volume, and for what you get, the volume looks to be good. We have been here for 4 nights and it gets a lot of RV's coming in late in the afternoon, but there are plenty of sites still vacant.

I cannot continue to list the features of Oasis RV Resort so click on the link and check it out for yourself.

I sure can recommend it. Oh! It is 25 miles to Palo Duro Canyon entrance, and don't miss the nightly musical drama, "Texas."

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Thanks for the info. We always stop at the Fort Amarillo RV Park at the next exit upon returning from our annual trip to Colorado. Will try this one next year for a change.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
As an added bonus the free limo from The Big Texan Steakhouse will come pick you up
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:33 AM   #4
Texas5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7143
Very nice RV Resort. First stayed there in 08 and will stop there whenever in the area. Have stayed at their sister campgrounds of Beaudry in Tuscon and Emerald Desert in Palm Springs also. All three very nice RV Resorts.
Texas5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:31 AM   #5
ONERUNNING
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10448
Thanks Wayne, I'll surely put it on our list, so when we head out that way, we'll know where to stop.
ONERUNNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #6
gpats
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7742
Also---all paved streets and huge all concrete pads to park your RV on with room for your tow rig in front or back--
gpats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #7
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Stayed in Oct.2009 for $18.00 per night.
Did six loads of laundry and at the time it was FREE.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Apparently the last two people on RV Parks Review didn't like the fireworks over the 4th, but everyone else gives it a 9 or 10. We will probably be passing through that area next year while on a trip to visit the grand kids. I'll keep it in mind, thanks.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #9
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
We stayed there one year ago. It was the finest RV resort we have ever stayed in. This place should be the standard for all parks!
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote