Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Lunga, Quantico VA

I think I forgot to post that we've been here since the 22nd. Spent the night at Aquia RV Resort on the 21st in Stafford, VA. Just down the road apiece.

Anyhow, it is a Military base and you have to have DOD status to get in here. I saw a Monty just down the hill from me but never saw anyone around. Today, I saw a person so I walked on down with MOC Business card in hand. Low and behold, it was tstewart (Tom Stewart of Fredricksburg, VA. I gave him the card anyhow. It was nice meeting another MOC'er. We were on our way out sightseeing in Fredricksburg and we got soaked with a rain shower but it cleared up enough for Granddaughters softball game.

We have stayed the majority of time at military CG's. although this CG has funny hook-up configurations, like sewer on one side, water at the end, and electricity on the other side (glad I have a 50 foot cord) it is a very rustic and nice park. No showers, and the men and ladies rooms are like old time outhouses - no kidding. The nearest neighbot to me is close to 100 yards - no kidding. I'm in site #2 and it is a parallel park site pad. It would have been easier with a 5er to park in thsi one, but you would have to jack knife it if you wanted your steps on the water side. Other sites are back in and would be much easier. The SOB was no problem with a few point turns.

I left enough slab so that I have about 2-1/2 feet of pad with a step going down to the picnic table and a 50 yard walk to the water edge.

Miya, the pup, is having the time of her life. Deer sightings every day, squirrels, geese (50 today) dogs, two wild turkeys crossing the road, and today a dead wolf that was hit by a car on the highway just off base, so she is just estactic to say the least.

Don't want to bore y'all. Maybe I'll get some more time with Tom. I found out that the Coastie talks to marines.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
tstewart

M.O.C. #7007
Waynes SOB is a beauty! One of these days I keep saying...
Lunga's campgrounds were not set up for 'campers' when designed in the 60's. As such some of the configurations are rather unique as Wayne mentioned. You do not have to be military to reserve campgrounds here, although most campers are either active young families tent camping or retired military "glamping". It is an excellent place south of DC to home base from or simple overnits. Mon/Tues the 'general store' is closed. I generally reserve the Pine area as it has larger sites which can handle fivers or Class A. I only live
tstewart is offline   Reply With Quote