Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Refrigerator not cold !

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Our refrigerator isn't cooling.We just arrived in WA and the past couple days it seems it is cooling less and less. We have it kicked over on propane to see if it will make any difference. HELP ! (and I was just bragging on how thr trailer did so well on her maiden voyage) !
Thanks, Chris

Roamingusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
That sounds like a sensible first step. Let us know what happens. I suppose you have already checked the obvious: breaker not tripped? plugged in at the back access panel? set at the right temp setting? etc. Did the "check" light come on?

I assume that this is a new unit, and still under warranty. I would not tinker around too much, if there is no easy fix, try calling Keystone and/or Dometic Customer Service, they should be able to direct you to someone who can help.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Chris,
John has given you a start. Before we can help trouble shoot it you need to tell us more. Are the lights on up top? If yes which ones? Is the freezer working? What are you using for reference of temperature. Is there any ice buildup?
Also what year is your RV?
Did your fridge fall under the recall?

Good luck and let us know what you find.
cheers,

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by H. John Kohl

Chris,
John has given you a start. Before we can help trouble shoot it you need to tell us more. Are the lights on up top? If yes which ones? Is the freezer working? What are you using for reference of temperature. Is there any ice buildup?
Also what year is your RV?
Did your fridge fall under the recall?

Good luck and let us know what you find.
cheers,

The lights are on, we have it on propane right now, checked the breakers, fuses, all OK The freezer isn't working either. Just a small amount of ice build up.We have a thermometer in the refig. and it is on 50. It's a 2003 3400 RL.No it wasn't on the recall.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:25 PM   #5
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Does yours have the white plastic thermostat located on the cooling fins in the front of the fridge part? Is it at the top? If its at the bottom of the fins move it to the top of the fins.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #6
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HughM

Does yours have the white plastic thermostat located on the cooling fins in the front of the fridge part? Is it at the top? If its at the bottom of the fins move it to the top of the fins.
Hugh
ThanksHugh,
That was the first thing I did this am, moved it up to the top, it was almost there anyway..... sighhhh.......
Old 04-03-2008, 10:20 AM   #7
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Roamingusa

Hi all,
Thanks for your help, I have a mobile RV tech coming this afternoon.
Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #8
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HughM

Please let the forum know what you find wrong.
Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #9
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Roamingusa, if you have a 2003 model 3400, it is the replacement for my 2004 model 3280, you got that? Yes, my 3280 was replaced by the 3400 and the first year was a 2004 not a 2003. My refer was on the recall list and I would just about guarantee yours is also. My 3280 was built in July of 2003 but is a 2004, that makes your 3400 built in August of 2003 also a 2004. Wait a minute, I'm confused, no I'm right on that since I have about the last 3280 built. But then again, they could have listed the first 3400's as 03's, I've been wrong before, sometimes a lot!
Point is, make sure you have propane to the fridge and double check the recall numbers.
As LadyRV said, make sure you let us know what the tech finds.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #10
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Thanks all,
It was the cooling unit, they got the part the next day, took the refrigerator to the shop and it was back the next day. Phewww..tired of the "cooler thing"
Thanks again!
Chris
Old 04-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #11
Desert Rose

M.O.C. #8397
This is time appropriate to me... I was just trying to figure out why our fridge is not working on our 2004 Montana 3650 RK.It's had very little use..
What??? There's a recall on some of them?
I have found a RV coil (apparently) maker that explained to me that the Dometic models 2800 and 2600 have a short life. Mine is an RM 2862. They make an after-market coil that is more properly made to last 5, 10 and even 15 years.
But if as some one here said there is a recall on some models and or years, where would I check? If there is an on-line place to look or a phone number, I would really prefer them fixing it than me. Mine is currently half in and half out , waiting on a soution to this problem.
Thanks, Jerry
Desert Rose is offline   Reply With Quote