Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2007, 07:39 AM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Dometic Frig Error

Well I found something that some of you out there might want to check on the frig.
When I started my frig yesterday, with the gas lines were purged, then when I turned it on the check light came on, but it was not at it's normal brightness sorta dimm, so I did a check on the piolet light it was on and on AC the voltage was heating the element, so those were working but the light was still on dimly.
this is what I found to be wrong with the unit. pictures below.

OK! who out there knowes what this wire does? pick below. OZZZZZZZ?

Old 09-07-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
Possibly for an Ice Maker?
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:31 AM   #3
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Thanks for the info. I will clean up the wires on the frig of my 04 Mountaineer. It has a rear frig cover. I am sure the wires could use a little attention. To add to this I had my water heater door open so I decided to blow the dust out with my air copressor. I was shocked at all the carbon that cane out of the burner area. Always something to work on!
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #4
wegriffin
Established Member

M.O.C. #7411
Good question about the "spare" blue wire...I wondered about the same thing with my unit....I hope someone knows....that's the kind of mystery I can do without...

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

Well I found something that some of you out there might want to check on the frig.
When I started my frig yesterday, with the gas lines were purged, then when I turned it on the check light came on, but it was not at it's normal brightness sorta dimm, so I did a check on the piolet light it was on and on AC the voltage was heating the element, so those were working but the light was still on dimly.
this is what I found to be wrong with the unit. pictures below.

OK! who out there knowes what this wire does? pick below. OZZZZZZZ?

wegriffin is offline   Reply With Quote