Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Conversion from Dometic remote to Comfort Contro

Can anyone tell me of their experiences of having their dealer convert the Dometic Remote system to the Comfort Control system.
Our neighbor has an 06 3400 that Dometic has sent the parts for the conversion but she will have to pay for the labor to convert the system. They are telling her it will take anywhere from 3 hours to all day. The remote sensor is on the wall not in the ceiling unit. Seems a little lonmg for a circuit borad and wall unit , no wiring required.
Anyone that has the change your comments on the installation time would be most appreciated.

wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Took me less than 1 hour to replace mine as Dometic sent the replacement directly to me free of charge. If you do it on your own ... remove ALL power from your RV ... A/C and D/C. One part is simply replacing the wall thermostat, the other part is changing out the circuit board underneath the interior A/C intake in your ceiling. There was a mightly long thread on this forum about several members experiences along with installation photos. Someone will come along shortly with the exact info or post. I may stand corrected, but few of us have paid anything for the changeout ... it was a flawed system from the word go.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:25 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Many of us did our own. Instructions with pictures are available somewhere on this Forum. It may take some searching to find them though. Perhaps someone has them, or knows exactly where to find them. The work is not technically difficult, and should not take much longer than an hour, even if you work very carefully, reading the instructions step by step as you go. An experienced tech. with all the right tools, should be able to it about 20 mins.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:18 AM   #4
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Here is the link to the posting you are looking for http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...archTerms=,ccc
34 pages, 332 replies and read over 14,000 times.

The change over is easy but you need to locate the instructions that are on one of the pages. I can remember that the only problem I had was how to set the dip switches, but thats all there.

Good luck, you can do it...
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:56 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The latest version of the CCC does NOT have the dip switches. There is a set up procedure that I posted about a month ago. How do we know this.. We got new one at the service center and the furnace would not work..We were advised to "set the dip switches" but there were no dip switches to set. I think you might find then post in my service center visit ..thread??
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:53 AM   #6
bigbob7777
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3701
Send a message via AIM to bigbob7777
The only problem I've found since I replaced the remote with the CCC is that when I turn on the BR A/C, it blows by the mounted CCC; which causes the other A/C to shut down. Gets pretty hot in the rear of the 5th.

Guess I need to rig some sort of a deflector. Any other ideas?
bob
bigbob7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #7
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigbob7777

The only problem I've found since I replaced the remote with the CCC is that when I turn on the BR A/C, it blows by the mounted CCC; which causes the other A/C to shut down. Gets pretty hot in the rear of the 5th.

Guess I need to rig some sort of a deflector. Any other ideas?
bob
We had the same problem in our present unit which is not a Montana. We ahve been asked to delete it from our signature, but with that said, our CCC was located in the stair way area and we had the same problem with the front unit blowing by and shutting it down. We also had a short cycling furnace as well. We moved the thermostat 90 degrees around the corner and presto! everything worked very well.
Just a thought. Good Luck
wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:17 PM   #8
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I stand with DieselGuy, didn't take but 30 minutes or so to change out. the above link has pictures and step by step. I would do that before I took it in to the dealer, heck if you were close to me Topeka, Kansas I would change it out for you. Cost you a cup of coffee maybe..
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote