Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2020, 09:47 AM   #61
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveltimers2 View Post
say as i would like to wipe that spot and then throw the tp into a trash can. The smell and the thought of flies, bugs or etc (not discounting the smell?) is not my cup of tea. We have found the RV tp or or "SEPTIC SAFE" works ok. Just a thought, as i started to RV every rig i have owned, was told WATER IS YOUR BEST FRIEND....use lots, flush system, keep water in the tank, use products that break down solids in your black tank and all should be better. Try it, you could be surprised.
That would be fine if you had full hookups. But you simply just cannot do that if you're boondocking. You will run out of water and fill your tanks up in no time.

beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 11:49 AM   #62
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
That would be fine if you had full hookups. But you simply just cannot do that if you're boondocking. You will run out of water and fill your tanks up in no time.

Just curious where does it all go from the garbage can, I have to assume its put somewhere in the fifth wheel, or stored outside ,can't imagine a couple weeks worth sacked up somewhere

IMO we as humans have evolved over time, big reason for septic systems , black tanks , and sewer plants, where anything involving human waste belongs, not in garbage cans .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 11:51 AM   #63
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Burn it at the evenings camp fire.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:01 PM   #64
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
Burn it at the evenings camp fire.

Same as the pioneers, with the buffalo chips If you are not in some of these western states with no campfires ,like here in Utah. Its a crappy deal
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:01 PM   #65
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSFORD99 View Post
Just curious where does it all go from the garbage can, I have to assume its put somewhere in the fifth wheel, or stored outside ,can't imagine a couple weeks worth sacked up somewhere

IMO we as humans have evolved over time, big reason for septic systems , black tanks , and sewer plants, where anything involving human waste belongs, not in garbage cans .
If usually goes out with the trash when we take it. Usually every other day maybe
Old 10-01-2020, 05:21 PM   #66
N132EA

M.O.C. #24827
Thumbs up TP

Funny topic, but very necessary. We all handle it differently over the years. I prefer of paper into the trashcan and that is used for fire starter in the evenings when necessary. The bidet is a wonderful idea and I don’t think they made it for the small stores in the Montana! Any information on the RV bidet buddies?
N132EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:10 AM   #67
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Every day I scoop the cat litter into, empty the wastebasket into it, and it goes in the dumpster at the park, along with the bag of kitchen waste.

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:38 AM   #68
Snowwolfe
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneoak View Post
Every day I scoop the cat litter into, empty the wastebasket into it, and it goes in the dumpster at the park, along with the bag of kitchen waste.
Exactly, and we pick up the poop from the dog and bag and trash it as well. Not much difference between cat, dog, or human feces.
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:48 AM   #69
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Absolutely nothing nasty about it. What's nasty is having to unclog a clogged tank.
Even nastier is a buddy of mine who's been in the poop pump business his entire life. He's had other people used corn in his hair dozens of times

Our family was in the septic pumping business for 35 years and I often helped out. Saw plenty of used corn but never in our hair. Where is your buddy sticking his head?

I've seen tests that show Walmart Value paper is the cheapest and breaks down the best. That's what we use. As long as you use a good amount of water so it goes out when you dump, it doesn't need to completely dissolve. A black tank is just a holding tank. Waste doesn't stay there long enough to digest like it does in a septic tank. No way I'm ever going to bag it or put it in a can. What would I want to save that stuff for?

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:56 AM   #70
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post

Our family was in the septic pumping business for 35 years and I often helped out. Saw plenty of used corn but never in our hair. Where is your buddy sticking his head?

I've seen tests that show Walmart Value paper is the cheapest and breaks down the best. That's what we use. As long as you use a good amount of water so it goes out when you dump, it doesn't need to completely dissolve. A black tank is just a holding tank. Waste doesn't stay there long enough to digest like it does in a septic tank. No way I'm ever going to bag it or put it in a can. What would I want to save that stuff for?
My buddy has changed many a pump down in a volt prior to instructing the business not to use any water. Many a times a Yahoo or two will flush a toilet that's how that happened. .

Imho, the last paper that goes into the black tank the last chance of sensor failure or clogs. At no of course I don't save it and goes out with the trash.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:59 AM   #71
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
Nothing like a can of people poop in the morning.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:31 AM   #72
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by N132EA View Post
Funny topic, but very necessary. We all handle it differently over the years. I prefer of paper into the trashcan and that is used for fire starter in the evenings when necessary. The bidet is a wonderful idea and I don’t think they made it for the small stores in the Montana! Any information on the RV bidet buddies?
our toilet seat is a standard size. you can take measurements and bidet manufaturers post what sizes theirs fits
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:06 AM   #73
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
The Bidets can fit any size toilet seat, even RV toilet seats. They have an adjustment that part with slots. This can be rotated to fit any size toilet. It simply sits between the bowl and the seat. The bolts that hold the toilet seat on, hold it all in place. The nozzle that squirts the water is adjustable too. It can be angled to hit the "bull's eye!" If you know what I mean. Water pressure is controlled by how far you turn the knob to fire the water! The ones in our house are quite comfortable. The same Bidet in the camper, if turned on full, it actually hurts, which tells me the water pressure in the camper running off the water pump is higher than in our house. One size WILL fit all.

I was a non-believer and thought the idea of the Bidet was the most BS idea I'd ever heard of. I'm now 65 years old, born and raised where masculinity and chivalry were the way of life, and so much a part of me, I get some horrid looks from bystanders when I open the car door for my wife. That's who I am. So the idea of the Bidet was simply beyond my logic. So ... well ... un-masculine! But to please the wife, agreed. That did not mean "I" had to use it, which i had no plans of ever using it. But after installing it .... well ... you know ... curiosity got me? And oh my! All my pre-conceived thoughts vanished, and now I've done a 180 on this. Once you use it a couple times, you will either love it or hate it. I do know, even if the men don't like it, their wives will!

Another thing, I know there is a limitation on size with the black tank. But the wife said ... that's your problem. Install the Bidet! So, we've made it work for us. Yes, it's a slight life style change, but it's a good one!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:46 PM   #74
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
The Bidets can fit any size toilet seat, even RV toilet seats. They have an adjustment that part with slots. This can be rotated to fit any size toilet. It simply sits between the bowl and the seat. The bolts that hold the toilet seat on, hold it all in place. The nozzle that squirts the water is adjustable too. It can be angled to hit the "bull's eye!" If you know what I mean. Water pressure is controlled by how far you turn the knob to fire the water! The ones in our house are quite comfortable. The same Bidet in the camper, if turned on full, it actually hurts, which tells me the water pressure in the camper running off the water pump is higher than in our house. One size WILL fit all.

I was a non-believer and thought the idea of the Bidet was the most BS idea I'd ever heard of. I'm now 65 years old, born and raised where masculinity and chivalry were the way of life, and so much a part of me, I get some horrid looks from bystanders when I open the car door for my wife. That's who I am. So the idea of the Bidet was simply beyond my logic. So ... well ... un-masculine! But to please the wife, agreed. That did not mean "I" had to use it, which i had no plans of ever using it. But after installing it .... well ... you know ... curiosity got me? And oh my! All my pre-conceived thoughts vanished, and now I've done a 180 on this. Once you use it a couple times, you will either love it or hate it. I do know, even if the men don't like it, their wives will!

Another thing, I know there is a limitation on size with the black tank. But the wife said ... that's your problem. Install the Bidet! So, we've made it work for us. Yes, it's a slight life style change, but it's a good one!
I'm confused on the bidet Thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but it cleans your parts with water correct. Okay so now all of those parts are dripping wet what do you dry them off with. ?
Old 10-03-2020, 07:52 PM   #75
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
I'm confused on the bidet Thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but it cleans your parts with water correct. Okay so now all of those parts are dripping wet what do you dry them off with. ?
4 squares of TP. no matter how messy the "job" started out

or DW's washcloth
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:49 AM   #76
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
I don't need no water being squirted on my parts thank you.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:42 AM   #77
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Dry? We have dedicated wash cloths for that purpose only. If you think about it, you dry yourself after a shower and you also dry "down there", then hang the towel up to dry and use it again. No different with a dedicated wash cloth. We color code them so they are not used when taking regular showers or other things.

When guests come and they want to try the Bidet, we tell them to dry with just regular TP instead of cloth. It's amazing watching "them" come out of the bathroom after using it the first time. There is always this grin and laughing smile on their faces.

And yes, my son and grandson live with us. The grandson is now 7 years old. When first installed, he sat on that thing forever it seemed. Got his curiosity over and all good now. He prefers TP, it's faster and he can get back to playing quicker. So yea, with kids, there's a curiosity, but after that's satisfied, it's a non-issue any more.

With the governments "push" for years and years now for the USA to go "green", I'm surprised so few people are willing to switch over. A Bidet is about as "green" as one can get. No TP in trash dumps, septic tanks, or burried in the ground. No trees cut down to make the TP, no recycling of cardboard, or whatever to make TP. No emissions in the air for the manufacturing of TP this way. Poo is natural, degrades, and turns back to dust and becomes fertilizer again. Chemical in TP pollute ... wherever it ends up. Now, I'm not "green" minded at all. But this is one small area that may save a roll of TP from polluting our earth. If you also are "green" minded, think about it?
Old 10-04-2020, 09:01 AM   #78
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
4 squares of TP. no matter how messy the "job" started out

or DW's washcloth
Oh now I get it, It's disgusting to put your waste paper in a trash can next to the toilet but it's perfectly fine to use your dear wife's washcloth to dry your a-- after the bidet didn't get it all and then hang it back up so she can wash her face. NOT. Lol
Old 10-04-2020, 09:13 AM   #79
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Oh now I get it, It's disgusting to put your waste paper in a trash can next to the toilet but it's perfectly fine to use your dear wife's washcloth to dry your a-- after the bidet didn't get it all and then hang it back up so she can wash her face. NOT. Lol
I don't think you understand it. That's ok.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:08 AM   #80
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
[QUOTE=DutchmenSport;1199729]Dry? We have dedicated wash cloths for that purpose only. If you think about it, you dry yourself after a shower and you also dry "down there", then hang the towel up to dry and use it again. No different with a dedicated wash cloth. We color code them so they are not used when taking regular showers or other things.

I'm thinking that if you don't use soap, you are not as clean as if you took a shower. If you think you are, then why have a dedicated wash cloth for drying?