Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles & RV related items for Sale
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2022, 02:39 PM   #1
MikeSR83
Established Member

M.O.C. #26068
StarLink RV for sale

We had been working our way up the que for StarLink Residential service for about a year and expected it to be available for us here in Las Vegas at the end of 2022. So when the RV version was announced in the spring I jumped on it (no waiting) so as to have it for our summer trip, thinking that I could convert that equipment to residential at a later time. Well, it seems that they do not allow that and now I have two systems and only need one.

I'm now looking to transfer ownership of my RV setup to a new owner at a considerable discount. I believe the initial cost for this gear is $650, including shipping. I'm offering mine for $400 plus shipping, if required. I used it for about 10 weeks this summer, and I've been extremely happy with it's performance. Finally we can stream movies, or whatever else we want and don't have to compete for bandwidth using the marginal service offered by most parks.

Obviously, this is tailored to the full-timer.

MikeSR83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 04:29 PM   #2
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSR83 View Post
I believe Starlink for RV's can be paused when not in use.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 04:37 PM   #3
MikeSR83
Established Member

M.O.C. #26068
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
I believe Starlink for RV's can be paused when not in use.
Thanks, but I really don't need two systems.
Old 08-21-2022, 04:48 PM   #4
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Thanks, but I really don't need two systems.
Sorry, what I meant was that the service may not be restricted to full timers. Part timers could buy it and pause the service when not in use.

I've thought about getting it, but just not ready for another monthly bill.
Old 08-21-2022, 04:50 PM   #5
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
From the Starlink website:

How does Pause service work with Starlink for RVs?
Starlink for RVs can be paused or un-paused at any time on your account page. You are able to schedule which billing cycle to begin your pause.

Starlink for RVs is charged in full monthly increments and cannot be pro-rated.

If you pause your service before the end of your current billing period, you will still receive service for the remainder of your billing period. When you un-pause your service, service will begin again immediately and you will be invoiced for the upcoming month of service 7 days after activation.

Please note, if you wish to not be billed for the first months subscription you will have 7 days from your Starlink's ship date to initiate a pause. If a pause is initiated after the billing statement has generated on your account, your Starlink subscription will be scheduled to pause the following month.

And this

Can I Transfer my Starlink Service Ownership?
To transfer service ownership, please provide support with the email and intended service address of the person you are looking to transfer service to. The new owner will need to know your account number in order to proceed so please be sure to provide this information to them.

Please do not update any of the current contact information in your account before submitting your request, or while the request is being reviewed. Starlink is not responsible for anything related to the selling of the dish and cannot guarantee all transfer requests can be accommodated.
Old 08-21-2022, 05:26 PM   #6
MikeSR83
Established Member

M.O.C. #26068
Ah yes. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 09-07-2022, 03:43 PM   #7
RVownerforever
Established Member

M.O.C. #25527
Do you still have this available?
RVownerforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 06:59 PM   #8
Tjvroeg
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24219
Starlink

What is the monthly cost of a subscription?
Tjvroeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 07:54 PM   #9
MikeSR83
Established Member

M.O.C. #26068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjvroeg View Post
What is the monthly cost of a subscription?
In response to the previous two questions, I have decided to keep the Starlink RV, and the monthly cost is $135. I'd be happy to talk to anyone out there about the system. I'm certainly no expert but I'll share what I've learned. The other thing I'm not is a great typist, so feel free to call me at 702-871-4834. Please consider that I'm in the Pacific time zone when calling. If it goes to voice mail I will respond when I can.

Thanks all,
Mike
Old 09-07-2022, 09:08 PM   #10
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
Quote:
We had been working our way up the que for StarLink Residential service for about a year and expected it to be available for us here in Las Vegas at the end of 2022. So when the RV version was announced in the spring I jumped on it (no waiting) so as to have it for our summer trip, thinking that I could convert that equipment to residential at a later time. Well, it seems that they do not allow that and now I have two systems and only need one.

I'm now looking to transfer ownership of my RV setup to a new owner at a considerable discount. I believe the initial cost for this gear is $650, including shipping. I'm offering mine for $400 plus shipping, if required. I used it for about 10 weeks this summer, and I've been extremely happy with it's performance. Finally we can stream movies, or whatever else we want and don't have to compete for bandwidth using the marginal service offered by most parks.

Per my last conversation with Starlink support, RV systems are not currently eligible for transfer.
bleedmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote