Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
Swiveling dinette table

I recently converted my dinette so I can swivel it when on the road so it is easier to get by without putting out the slides.
It was really easy. The top is held on to the base with 6 screws. I purchased a 6 3/4 inch bar stool swivel from Lee Valley Tools here in Canada (see site below) it cost $12 and is very heavy duty. They are made in the USA so should be available at some hardware stores down there.
I bolted it on to the top of the table base with 4 x 2 inch 90 degree brackets, then turned the whole table upside down to screw the swivel onto the underside of the top.
I then screwed the table back down to the floor
As the table slides back and forth it is really easy to slide it to one end then swivel it and it misses the window and gives you about 12 inches clearance from the counter top.
I have also fashioned a lock to hold it in place.
Keystone could do this as a standard for about $20.
Here is the link for Lee Valley which shows you what kind of swivel I used.
I will try to get some pictures of the finished project and post them on this site.

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...85&cat=3,44013

markwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:53 PM   #3
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Nice Job,

We undid ours from the floor, (so we could turn it), but that looks a lot better.
Next time I'm out in Coquitlam, I'll have to stop in at Lee Valley.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:26 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
GREAT Idea. Another mod I may want to try on the new rig.

BTW-"Keystone could do this as a standard for about $20." Keystone doesn't build the tables. They buy them from the "Old World Craftsmen" didn't ya know?
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:17 AM   #5
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Great job, we are going to change out our table for a pedestal type this spring. I have to ask from the pictures, where are the other two chairs and will this still work with the four chairs. We have the 3280 but the counter comes out to the table the same. Looks really neat!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:00 AM   #6
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Add this to the "honey-do" list - Chuck will have his hands full when we get the new rig!
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:42 AM   #7
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Very good idea and well done. I like your mod. better than the way I changed mine. I also agree that Keystone should change the design of the table to allow access when the slides are in.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:51 AM   #8
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
EMMEL - it does still work with 4 chairs - I took two chairs out for the pictures. You can still get through with all the chairs there.
markwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:53 AM   #9
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We un-screwed our table too. Most of the time we leave it turned, but we do use it both ways.
Your fix would be a lot easier than moving the table. Good job!!!
With our floor plan, with the table turned, we can sit at the table with the slides in. Also the table doesn't rub against the counter when traveling.
We also use less chairs in ours. Actually only 3 with one for the desk. We bought different chairs.
Dusty
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:23 AM   #10
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Chuck is busy at work making the table swivel - we found the seat swivle at our dealer's since they also sell boats - perfect! Wish I could post a pic but don't have a digital camera - this was such a good idea, Markwick - thanks!

Suzanne
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:34 PM   #11
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Great idea and great job, but like Dusty we just unscrewed ours and move it where ever we want. Never had a problem with it when traveling.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote