Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2015, 03:11 AM   #1
tweber502
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13660
Kentucky to Texas

Dea and I will be traveling to Texas for our new workamping positions this next Wednesday. We will be taking I65 from Louisville to Nashville, I40 from Nashville to Littlerock and I30 from Littlerock to Greenville Tx. just east of Dallas. Are there any detours or heavy construction that we should be aware of? thanks in advance for all information. Tim

tweber502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:02 AM   #2
lostshakerofsalt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10012
We just made that trip a few weeks ago and there was nothing that bothered us. There is a stretch of I-30 west of Littlerock that goes down to one lane for a few miles, not bad though. We towed the Montana and the only really bad section was west of Greenville near Rockwall, TX. There is the perpetual construction of I-40/I-240 interchange in Memphis. Be prepared for delays as they are rebuilding the ramps to I-40 (again) as you come in from the east.

I recommend you take TN 155 around Nashville and I-440 around Littlerock. Just drove east on I-30 from I-635 east of Dallas to Texarkana and it was smooth sailing.

BTW, all of the rest areas in Arkansas west of Littlerock on I-30 were closed. If you need to stop, look for a Walmart.
Home is where we park it
lostshakerofsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:04 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Can only help on a small portion. We towed down I-30 from just west of Little Rock to Texas three weeks ago. Only construction of concern was a very short stretch of highway a few miles west of Benton that was down to one lane. Left lane only, right lane has to exit. So move left when you start seeing the signs. Reduced speed but no traffic backup. Other than that the highway was in pretty good shape, although a bit rough in some sections.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:54 PM   #4
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Yep just made that trip last week...no problems or major hold ups.....but then I live just off I-35 by Austin Tx so my idea of a hold up is definitely not what most folks would call a hold up lol lol But for real it was one of the smoothest trips I have made on those roads...if you get to West Memphis Ar and need a camp ground, try the Tom Sawyer RV park...very nice and easy on and off and you are right on the Mississippi. That is our mid way point from Ky and Dallas...
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:22 AM   #5
Joe in Texas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10881
If you have time, I highly recommend stops at
Tom Sawyer Rv Park in West Memphis Arkansas -
right on the Mississippi River - great experince...
we will be there next week for 7 nights.
Also the North Little Rock Arkansas Downtown Riverside RV park - ran by the city, is a good stop over. across a walk bridge from Clinton Museum and downtown area. RV park accept Passport America cards or Good Sam cards for discounts.

Joe in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:31 AM   #6
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
There is a mention above that all rest areas west of Little Rock are closed. However when we drove thru there 3 weeks ago, the rest area a few west of the one lane construction zone was open. However, it is in the center of the highway between the east and west bound lanes. We stopped there but almost missed it because of the left hand exit and traffic. Fortunately a considerate driver (yes there are still some of those) let me change to the left lane just in time to make the exit.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote