Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2003, 02:50 PM   #1
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Belated intro.

I have been lurking and posting to this forum for several months now, but I never got around to sending out an intro message, so here goes.

We live in a rural part of Southern Ontario, (about 50 miles west of Buffalo NY) with our 2yr old Border Collie. Our 3 children are married, and one provided our first grand child in January.

I recently retired from our provincal power utility. For our retirement years (at least the early ones, I hope) we purchased a Montana 3255RL. This represents the latest in a long series of "camping" equipment that started with a 9 x 9 "Tourist tent" that I bought in 1960 for $19.95 on sale at Sears. That led to other tents, a Starcraft pop-up trailer, a 30' Prowler trailer, a 32' Citation trailer and now the Montana.

We chose a Chev Silverado 2500HD with the Duramax engine as our tow vehicle.

During the last few years before retirement we were taking springtime trips to Kentucky, and Fall trips in Northern Ontario. Now we can venture further afield. Last December (the day after my last day of work) we travelled to Gulf State Park in Alabama (An excellent park for large rigs). We will be picking up our trailer from the dealer tomorrow after some minor over-the-winter work. We hope to head south again shortly, perhaps to Alabama again, or wherever we find warm weather.

We use a Magellan 310 GPS with MS Streets and Trips on a Laptop for finding our way around. I am exploring options for internet access on the road. At home I use DirecPC via a Bell ExpressVu satellite dish, I would really like to find a way to use this system via a cell phone while travelling.

I enjoy reading the forum, especially the Modifications and Technical tips. I have installed an under-counter water purification unit; pending projects include a digital thermostat, a wired-in heater, stereo/TV upgrade, and back-up lights Ironically, as I read about people removing their sliding bedroom doors, we are paying to have our dealer install them in our trailer because it came with only an accordian pleated curtain. We would like to have the doors because we sometimes share the trailer with guests.

John & Donna
Haldimand County,
Ontario, Canada.

OntMont
2002 Montana 3255RL
2001 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2001 Border Collie to ride herd on us.

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote