Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2006, 08:08 AM   #1
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Flooring and Step Project

Please scroll down to our next post to see other pictures. We're still on a learning curve here.

javascriptl('http://i7.tinypic.com/21c6og5.jpg[/IMG');

TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:11 PM   #2
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Pictures of floor and step project

Thought you might like to see our recent project. We installed laminate flooring in our entire coach. We liked how the living area turned out so much that we decided to do all of it. If you notice, we also did oak steps going up to the bedroom and bath area. Under the first step there is an open are to put ours shoes.

Old 07-29-2006, 03:31 PM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
And, isn't that just the most purdy thing!

Congrats on a wonderful job!!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Looks beautiful! That is on our list next. Maybe we can get it done before next summer.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:30 AM   #5
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Al: If I remember correctly, at the NE rally, you said you were going to do our coach for Ann. When do you want to meet? HA HA
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:32 AM   #6
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
WOW! That really looks nice.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:51 AM   #7
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Gary and Karen, Thank you! Your's looks beautiful!! We did the whole thing mainly because the carpet in our coach was very poor. Have been in other coaches that have a better quality of carpet. We had our slides and other things worked on at the dealers and the carpet came back so dirty and matted down. After doing the living area, Al looked up toward the bedroom area and said he wanted to do it also. We eliminated the laundry shoot(didn't use it anyway) and also relocated the heater vents in living room area so that we could fit a nice area rug between them. Moved them both forward as the one in the very back was under the end table. We have been very happy with the results. Some people really like the carpeting so it's not for them! We personally like the wood-like flooring better and just use scatter rugs.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:41 AM   #8
The Wind
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4200
Al, What a beautiful job you both have done. I just hope my wife does not see these pics. She had me do half the house a few years ago and that was hard on the old knees. How did you go under the slide out under the couch and dining table? Did you remove the bed to do the (Master)bedroom? Very nice pics...
The Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:51 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
BEAUUUUUUTIFUL job. I missed the tour in New Hampshire so I'll have to take a closer look in Goshen
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:02 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Looks great, you did a very neat job of it.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:28 AM   #11
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
That is just lovely! If we did not have to worry about old dogs sliding around on the wood floor, I'd love to do the same. But for us carpet is the only way to go for now. Besides, the carpet is the same color as the dogs and we don't have to vacuum as much!
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:33 AM   #12
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Wind

Al, What a beautiful job you both have done. I just hope my wife does not see these pics. She had me do half the house a few years ago and that was hard on the old knees. How did you go under the slide out under the couch and dining table? Did you remove the bed to do the (Master)bedroom? Very nice pics...
Richard and Cindy,
If you pick up rug on the slide, you will see where the carpet ends. Just run the floor to that point. When retracting the slide, it came up over the floor automatically. On opposing slide, where fridge and stove are, that one needs to be lifted evenly. Then remove carpet and attach enough wood together to slide under it even with outside wall. Put slide back down and it will slide over top of floor. This is for the 3670 which you also have. Some models may be a different situation and may even be a little easier. Yes, we did take bed out and installed floor around the inside perimater, maybe 6" or so under bed. This is necesary because of the slide and also it just looks better, and you don't need to do any more than that underneath as you would just be wasting wood. Al used to have his own carpeting and flooring business. Now of course, his knees are shot, so it was a bit of a struggle for him to do this project. I was able to help him on the living area, but could only offer moral support on the bedroom level as there was just not enough room for 2 people to work. He was a hurting unit the next day.

Glenn, we won't be at the rally in Goshen. Bad time of year work-wise. We will see you next June hopefully at the NE rally. I know this is off-subject, but we really wish we could make it to the Goshen rally!!!
Old 07-30-2006, 06:46 AM   #13
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Al and Nita

Love the directions, but do have a question, you state that you have to LIFT the kitchen slide. Could you elaborate just a bit on how to LIFT the slide???

Thanks Carol
Old 07-30-2006, 09:11 AM   #14
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
We used a 4 x 6 x14 ft timber and carefully jacked it up from the center just and inch or so. You may not have to do any of this since most models do not have the raised up slide that is in the 3670 on the side that has appliances. If both of your slides are like the dining room slide with just the carpet overlapping, you won't have this concern. We were responding to someone who also had the 3670 model, so we knew they would have to address that issue.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:18 AM   #15
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
I believe our kitchen slide is the same as you are talking about, it is NOT like the living room slide with flat carpeting.

SO, you raised it from the outside, in other words, the lumber went OUTSIDE and you raised from there?? Otherwise, I cannot see how you could work on it.

Would NEVER have thought that you would have to raise it.

Thanks Carol
Old 07-30-2006, 09:26 AM   #16
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Carol,
In order to get the carpeting out from under it and put the floor down, it has to be lifted. Yes you would do it from the outside as close to the trailer as possible. Now that Al has figured out how to do the picture thingy (thanks to You) he says he will take a picture later and send it. You will see where he put the wood.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:33 AM   #17
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Thanks Nita!

I'll be watching!

Carol
Old 07-30-2006, 01:51 PM   #18
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Boy, that looks nice! It really brightens up the whole coach. I like it!!!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote