Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2006, 08:53 AM   #1
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
how warm should the converter get?

just a quick question about my 3400 and the placement of the converter it seems to get very warm in that closed compartment would it be a good idea to vent it or put a thermostatic fan on it or am I just over thinking this potential problem I know you guys can help with this one thanks for your time

boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:48 PM   #2
gungho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2818
It is vented into the washer and dryer compartment. I have installed a computer fan there to help vent it also.
gungho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 04:24 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
In the 3400 there is in the roof of the W/D closet a vent,remove it and you can see a lot of stuff including the converter. I am told the converter has a temp controlled fan.I am also told that the open space vents into the attic area then via the attic vents outside.I could not see that by looking up into the open space.I to felt it was a bit warm in the closet area. I installed a PC muffin fan(I think 4 inches) it fits right into the plastic vent cover to aid in venting..I thought that warm air up there needed a little encouragement in moving toward the outside vent.Also if you note the converter is a bit higher that the closet vent and since hot ait rises it seemed a bit counter productive to have the closet vent lower than the converter??? and since the W/D door is a solid bi fold door air flow would be restricted. I placed a thermometer in the closet on a hot day and checked the temp fanon/fanoff and there was a significant drop in temp...Just my observations....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:43 PM   #4
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
cool deal thanks for the info I couldn't figure the small vent in the closet being so low but I'll be fixing it with your fix thanks again looks like another sat. shot fixing or should I say improving the mouse trap lol
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote