Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
perfect5th
Established Member

M.O.C. #13340
Send a message via Yahoo to perfect5th
3150RL audio system

Our audio system never seems to sound very good and there was always a rattling sound coming from behind the fireplace. (The fireplace also was not mounted flush to the wall frame under the TV on one side for some reason?)
After removing the fireplace I found the audio sub-woofer stuffed behind the fireplace where the sound couldn't escape. It was also the reasoning for the fireplace not fitting flush to the mounting frame under the TV. (The sub-woofer was also scratched badly and nicked up pretty bad from not being secured and being jammed in behind the fireplace.)
Had the FACTORY been paying attention, they would have noticed there is an area which appears to be the perfect mounting place for the sub-woofer right behind the TV in the cabinet.
Needless to say, it fits perfectly there and the sound is much improved. The fireplace now also fits flush as it should.

perfect5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
I'll have to look and see if mine is configured the same way. Thanks for the heads up!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
When you're producing 18 or more rigs a day some things can get poorly done. On ours I found they used wire bread ties to hold the wires together going to the TV instead of wire ties or something else. Pointed it out to the Service Center and ended up with flexible wire conduit.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
There's no excuse for quality issues. I'm pretty sure the design engineers don't design it that way and as a former design engineer it irritated me to no end when manufacturing came up with crappy ways to solve a manufacturing issue. Just a little time hearing of the issue and then resolving it together was sure a better way to fix it and keep the quality up. Fixing a problem AFTER manufacuring affects the bottom line, not even including lost revenue because of the bad light you put yourselves into. Like us owners complaining about the poor quality crap we are buying and shouldn't have to experience.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
perfect5th
Established Member

M.O.C. #13340
Send a message via Yahoo to perfect5th
You are so right….My new favorite saying: "How much moner do you need to do it right!!"
The factory needs to either hire us as consultants or send out questioners to find out what problems are arising in the field, out on the road?
Sometimes I wouder if any of those guys ever go camping for any length of time??
perfect5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
When I worked in another RV factory I was held accountable for every job I did. If quality control found a problem, they knew who to talk to
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
Bigsky3625RE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12815
I am a lean practitioner. IE background. 25 plus years in supply chain manufacturing medical devices.

We focus on process issues. Not workmanship issues. If there is a problem, the process allowed it. But, you need to have the process documented so everyone does it the same way. That is called standard work.

From the stories I have read here of the build variability it seems they could use my help.

Implement standard work and these annoyances will be reduced. They will never be able to speak of Sigma, but they could improve on their customer facing issues.

It does work.
Bigsky3625RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #8
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
The sound system and entertainment center in our 2010 were never anywhere close to the one in our 2014. The new one is all Sony and sounds great! There is even a button on the remote marked football. When you activate it, you feel as if you are in the stadium, the sound is excellent! I read posts by others complaining about their systems, I had no idea until I heard the new one. Now I see why so many replaced theirs. After saying this, I confess that I have Tenitis and don't hear well, but it seems better even to me.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote