Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lestx

On a 09 3400RL with aluminum wheels goodyear tires rated at 80 psi. Would like to upgrade to G14 rated at 115 psi. Can i used the existing wheels ?
Les
Les, on the inside of the rim should be either a stamp or a sticker indicating the rating for psi and weight. You might have to clean off the dirt to find it.

If the stamp or sticker has sufficient rating then you're fine to go. We have the same model but the 2007 model year and also the same rims you have. Ours have the higher rating and have had the G614's on them for 16 months. I run them at 105 psi.

The rims that the mfr decided are not sufficient originally had the lower ratings stamped on them. At one of our rallys they handed out stickers for those rims saying they meet the higher rating. Then they discovered that was incorrect so they pulled back from that approval. But those that came from the factory with either the stamp or sticker are correctly rated per that stamp or sticker.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #22
Red939
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7928
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mperk

Stupid Question? My "04" Montana has the original Tacoma tires on it (sits at the lake 90% of the time in the Texas heat) we are going to Lake Powell in September and I need to replace the tires, I see that a lot of the reccomended tires are standard SUV/truck tires my question is do you have to put (TRAILER) tires on your 5ver or can you use standard radial tires?
Thanks
LTs are the way to go you your Montana. Lonnie recommends a number of them, I put Bridgestone Duravis R500s on my rig...LT 235/85R16.
Red939 is offline   Reply With Quote