Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2014, 01:20 AM   #1
Debbie Asher
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6167
Has this ever Happened to you

Having an estate sale, a young man gets upset because some golf clubs were bought out from underneath him by someone else. He is upset yelling doesn't want the other set of golf clubs. I have to ask him to leave and he wont I almost had to call the police to have him removed from my mother's house. Someone finally convinced him that he was trespassing because it was private property and he was asked to leave. This has been quite an experience for me.

Debbie Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:56 AM   #2
halfwright
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12992
Sounds like he was wound a little too tight.
halfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:04 AM   #3
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
A set of used golf clubs sets him off like that and it makes you wonder how he would handle a real crisis in his life!!!! Glad it was resolved in the end.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:57 AM   #4
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
He needs to switch to decaffeinated, Sad but in todays world you got to worry bout people like that....never know how far they will go...
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:54 AM   #5
nosticks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10378
Probably threw temper tantrums as a child and mommy and daddy always gave in to him to shut him up.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:00 AM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
It's too bad there have to be people like that. They're always convinced that everyone is against them, I wonder why that would be?
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #7
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
I would have called the cops. He needs wake up call!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #8
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DarMar

..... makes you wonder how he would handle a real crisis in his life!!!! ......
Like a bad day on the links.....

That's probably why he was looking for a new set, ...broke the old ones over his knee after a mega-sliced drive two fairways over, and threw his putter in the water hazard after a quadruple-bogey putting extravaganza on the 15th green!
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:07 AM   #9
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
Maybe he was having a bad day. He might have noticed his car payment, house payment, girlfriend and wife were all late
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:21 AM   #10
ranch560
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12491
Debbie, where was John? I can only imagine him imitating Clint Eastwood and going over to the trouble maker and saying "go ahead dude, make my day!!!"

We're gonna miss you at 7 feathers.
ranch560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #11
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
The kid just needs what his parents didn't give him a good a$$ whipping.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #12
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
4 wood to the chops works every time!
Then you can sell the Chicklets.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #13
Debbie Asher
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6167
Well today went muh better, I only had one customer who was cursing at me as he left because he didn't like the price. But he paid what I wanted so I guess I won on that one. John would have pulled his Clint Eastwood but I pulled my Calamanity Jane first.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #14
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Don't you just love it when you ask a quarter for something and they get mad cause you won't take 10cents lol lol
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:32 AM   #15
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
I have had problems like this, but with solicitors coming to the front door. Have had to almost physically throw them off the property. One idiot, called the police on me. He did not get anywhere with that.

Did have a garage sale. Had a lady interested in some antique sugar and cream sets. She did not like the price I quoted her, which was a very good price. I even knocked off $5, she still complained to much. As I watched her walked away and get into her Mercedes Benz, I just LMAO.....They never sold. Took them to a Nick Nack shop close by. The lady there gave me more for them, than what I was asking at the garage sale.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:31 AM   #16
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Here's one for you. In the seven years that we have been traveling and in RV Parks this is a first. A month ago a fellow and his girl friend moved in to the Park. He wanted to work on RV's and wash them, I protested because I was promised that when I came to work here. As time went on he said he would try to take the work, unless he couldn't turn it down? He tried to seal a couple of jobs out from under me, and was caught and I got them. Then he started bugging the Manager day and night about things he didn't like in the RV Park and wanted them fixed now!! The manager and I had a meeting with him and she told him point blank that as the money was available things would be dealt with. He didn't stop just keep bothering all tenants around the Park getting them all upset. He was asked to leave and was very hostile. He did finally leave, the next day he knew the Owner was due at the Park he drove back and tried to get money back and quarters from wash his girlfriend did and said the washer was broke, we checked and it worked fine. The owner said that he stood behind his manager and what she said goes. The Manager did give him 30 bucks back. The next day I was going to put something back in our 2011 Kia and the back window looked like it had moisture inside on it. As I got closer I saw that is was shattered, and looked like it had been hit by a hammer. Their are no trees above us or any thing that could have fell on it. We made a police report and I let the Deputy know of this fellows actions before he was told to leave. He was going to find him and see if he could get him to confess. I told him If he couldn't put him away or make him leave the area, I would rather just have the window fixed myself and not make him any more upset than he must be. Plus we don't really know if it was him. I was really mad the first day it happened. Then I realized He really has deep problems and I will pray that he gets the help he needs to get over doing things like this when he gets angry. Long blog sorry thanks for letting me share this.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:42 PM   #17
jimandlaurie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12948
Send a message via AIM to jimandlaurie Send a message via MSN to jimandlaurie Send a message via Yahoo to jimandlaurie
Wow, it takes all kinds, but sounds like he needs a new hobby, or meds , or counseling, or lead injection. No need to lose sleep over a clone like that. Just when you think it is safe to swim......

jimandlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #18
Neil.M
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12816
I handled my mother's estate sale when she passed in 09 and it just stressed us kids out. So we are having "Caring Transitions-A Senior Moving, Downsizing, Estate Sales" company unload our entire house in May before putting it on the market. They get a healthy chunk of the sales but we are going camping while it all happens. Figure I will end up with more, even subtracting their cut, then if I tried to do it myself. A no brainer for me.
Neil.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:47 AM   #19
Debbie Asher
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6167
I found out that a lot of people coming to the sales don't like these companies in California. John and I went to a few before my mother's sale and things were thrown everywhere items were broken. I'd rather go ahead and stress out then have my mothers items damaged, I know it sounds stupid but I'm the only child and I just can't let go. Now most of the items are sold we will put some big items in a consignment shop, other items will be donated, and I've given alot of items to my sisters-in-law and family so I can still see my mother's items.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:48 AM   #20
Neil.M
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12816
Guess it depends on the company. We have been to several estate sales done by these folks and have found them to be well organized and professional. They will spend 4 days in the house prior to the sale getting every thing ready. Hope they do a good job but you never know.
Neil.M is offline   Reply With Quote