Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2019, 09:44 AM   #21
Sdgood1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23720
I run about 5 empty, and hookup before I inflate the bags. I then pull to a level spot on my drive way and put air in until everything is level.. Usually around 55 psi. Sometimes a little more sometimes a littles less depending on load in the trailer! I have the control in the cab with the onboard compressor. So unlike my other truck, it's no problem to drain and fill.

Steven & Denise
New to us 2014 3150RL
Chino Valley, AZ
Sdgood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:11 AM   #22
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
I run 12 psi in mine everyday and before hooking up. When hooked up, the bags go to 33psi without adding any. I usually run 35-40 when pulling, but I also have an onboard Viair air system so I can change the pressure as road conditions change.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:47 PM   #23
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
Quote:
Originally Posted by penra View Post
I have a new truck and new monty, first trip is coming up end of September. Question, should I install airbags? How do I know I need them prior to being on the road? My truck has off-road suspension for what that's worth.
thanks!
You know you need air bags when you take a tape measure and measure from the top of the wheel well to the ground then hook up and measure again. If the difference is more than 2 inches than you may benefit from airbags. I had sag and you could tell just by looking at the truck. I didn't like it so I added the bags and now no more sag. Also airbags improve the ride unloaded. They help cushion the ride. I also installed the on board compressor. It was after I took a trip across the U.S. and the number of times I had to air up the bags drove me nuts. Now I can adjust the air from inside the cab. Not sure I would want the remote control because if you lose the remote then what. I just hop in the truck and the switch is right there. Can't lose a switch attached to the dash. LOL
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:14 PM   #24
penra
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Hand View Post
You know you need air bags when you take a tape measure and measure from the top of the wheel well to the ground then hook up and measure again. If the difference is more than 2 inches than you may benefit from airbags. I had sag and you could tell just by looking at the truck. I didn't like it so I added the bags and now no more sag. Also airbags improve the ride unloaded. They help cushion the ride. I also installed the on board compressor. It was after I took a trip across the U.S. and the number of times I had to air up the bags drove me nuts. Now I can adjust the air from inside the cab. Not sure I would want the remote control because if you lose the remote then what. I just hop in the truck and the switch is right there. Can't lose a switch attached to the dash. LOL
Thanks, that's what I was looking for exactly.

2020 Montana Legacy 3120RL
2019 GMC 3500HD Denali SRW LB; B&W Companion Pucks
penra is offline   Reply With Quote