Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2013, 05:02 AM   #1
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
Two Problems

We are under warranty but away from home area. Not familiar with how this all works.. So maybe that is my first real problem.. Grin.. Can I just call a mobile service or do I have to take it to a dealer.. Or do I have to call keystone first???

#1. Water pump. Guess its under warranty? First time use.. Pumps air after blowing out water from city connection.. No water. Obstruction? Should I attempt to disassemble or call Keystone?

#2. Air conditioner is in the kitchen. Can't cook on the stove w/o turning off the AC as it blows out the flame when simmering... Even with the diverted moved to closed position.

Any of you with a rear kitchen have this problem? Did you build a screen or ???

Oh, one more issue. iMHO.. The windows in the new Monty's SUCK. The latches need to be pulled toward the center and the window lifted.. All without a thumb hold to lift them. Any solutions???

Thanks for any pointers

GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:27 AM   #2
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
1. Water pump - should only be activated if you are using water from your holding tank. If you are on city water open all your valves (spickets) to let the air out and then the water will flow.

2. Stove - adjust the vent in the ceiling to blow away from the stove.

Hope I understood your problems and hope this helps you?
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:35 AM   #3
Chasnracin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12394
To add, if your hot water tank is empty and you turn on the water pump, it will just run to fill the hot water tank first sounding like it is just running. Not trying to insult your intelligence, just trying to help out.

2013 F350 SRW King Ranch
2011 3400RL
Chasnracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:56 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
If you do find you have a problem and need it fixed under warranty: First, whether there is a local dealer available or not call Keystone Customer Service and if possible have them make the appointment for you. Second, if no dealer is available Keystone will work something out with you, but you must talk to them in advance. I had a warranty problem in Deming, NM and the closest dealer was in Albuquerque. They authorized me to get it fixed by a local RV repair guy and then I sent them the bill and they sent me a check. We had a couple of exciting warranty problems and Keystone always came thru, but I always called them first.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:17 AM   #5
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Most of us only use the diverter on the A/C to dump air straight down when say we first arrive at a campsite to cool that area off quickly ... for the other 95% of the time, we close the dump and allow the in ceiling ducts to distribute the air. Just turn the ceiling ducts to blow air away from the stove area. If you have that much air blowing from a ceiling vent ... I'm envious!
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #6
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Bill, We have the rear kitchen and have not experienced problems with the stove. Make sure the quick air dump is completely closed and then if necessary rotate the ceiling vent that is hitting the stove. My only thought on your water pump is to insure it is not in winterize position. That will make the pump just blow air. My windows were hard to move. A little shot of WD-40 or dry lube in the top and bottom track will free them up for awhile. Good luck, Jim
Old 07-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #7
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Keystone is very helpful. Call them first. It sounds as if your problems may be easily solved. Possibly, your fresh water or either your hot water tanks are empty. When you are hooked to city water, you should not need your pump. Personally, I always have some water in the fresh tank and never empty the hot tank unless storing the coach, rare for us.
The air flow from the vents is easily directed from turning it.
The small windows are a pain, a little silicone lube from your finger to the rubber deal might help.
Good luck , Larry
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #8
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
Thanks for the comments..
First, hw tank is fill and all works on city water well. When unhooked,we experience the problem. Took intake off pump and sucked on it .. I can hear a leak where the tank hose connects to the PEC tree. Called Keystone and they authorized a local to fix it.

Re the AC.. I have closed the dump but its still blows out the stove. I didn't think one could simply rotate the cover on the AC as one side is intake.. The other output??
Old 07-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #9
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
You can't move the cover on the AC, but if you close the dump no air should be coming out. The vents (round on my rig), however will turn and can be directed where you want the air to go.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #10
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
Thanks Dick and others.. I'll remove the du,p cover and check. When closed it still dumps a lot of air. I can see places where the slide doesn't seal
Old 07-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #11
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Don't think that should be like that. Your's is new than mine, however.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
Ha.. Took the cover off and the dump slide was popped out of place.. FIXED!!
Old 07-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #13
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Just a couple of screws and you can take the diverter down to work on the vents and see why they are not going totally shut. Maybe that spongy filter is wedged in there some way too. We have a rear kitchen and no problems. Some Ext Warranties do allow for mobile service and allow so much for the visit charge.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #14
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Bill,
Sorry to confuse you. I was talking about the ceiling vent not the inside A/C shroud. Jim
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GreatWhite

Thanks for the comments..
First, hw tank is fill and all works on city water well. When unhooked,we experience the problem. Took intake off pump and sucked on it .. I can hear a leak where the tank hose connects to the PEC tree. Called Keystone and they authorized a local to fix it.

Re the AC.. I have closed the dump but its still blows out the stove. I didn't think one could simply rotate the cover on the AC as one side is intake.. The other output??
Old 07-23-2013, 02:19 AM   #15
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Glad you got a/c fixed. We never had a situation like that with our rk.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote