Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Freestar tires / tyres

After all the talk about problems with tires that I have not been reading much of as I am sure that mine are good tires. I went out and took a close look at them and find they are "MADE IN CHINA".

The tires are "Freestar" with a DOT OU99 TC14706. A little research on the MOC home page tells me they are manufactured the 47 week of 2006 and are manufactured but the location does not match and plants. So my first question is where are they made. Could be TO114706, but what are the first 3 digits?

My next question is, has there been any problems with these tires? Do I need to worry about putting them on the road?

And finally will the sun come out in the morning and warm the day

Happy camping to all
Dick

rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I suspect that all the Chinese tires probably come out the same humongous tire plant somewhere in China. The brand labels probably mean little except as a marketing tool for eventual vendor in N.America or Europe.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
The Sun will come out tomorrow, but you may not be able to see it. It may also warm the day, but it is dependent of where you may be. Colder climates do not tend to warm as fast as our Southern climes.

However, when you wake up in the morning and put one foot on the floor, and feel it is there - consider yourself luck and that the rest of the day will be a good day.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote