Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2022, 03:13 PM   #1
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Trying to Post a Pic on Slide out bracket..

I got a bracket from Lippert for the Hydraulic Slide out.. It is Called Gear Bracket Clamp.Also 3 inch Service Assembly... I don't know what happened but the Advanced push button is Gone.. I have tried to post the picture of the Bracket and It says "invalid fie".. Anywho.. there is a bracket made to keep the Rail Teeth and the Gear teeth together so as not to skip or bang...

dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 05:18 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
If you were starting a new thread it should already be in Advanced mode. Did you scroll down to see if the Advanced Options buttons were there?
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 11:32 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Posting pictures on the MOC isn't too difficult once you know the process. Lots of members do just that. Be sure to take the photo in Landscape mode.

Go to https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=70323 and read posts #8 and #25.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 06:20 AM   #4
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
If the thru the frame slot upper section is bowed up this allows the guide bar to jump up off the gear pack teeth...

This simple repair from Lippert will correct that issue... Also if the three wear tabs inside the guide bar slot are worn this will cause gear pack to guide bar alignment issues

Lippert repair PDF
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hyd thru the frame skipping teeth repair.pdf (314.0 KB, 101 views)
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 06:45 AM   #5
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
Lippert has sent us 2 of these brackets to correct the "crowned" out arm (where the gear pack mounts). They are at our AL site, but I haven't seen them yet because we're at Morryde getting our IS installed.

Ours skipped, I dropped the gear pack resynched and still skipped. Broke down and called a mobile tech -he came and spent 2 hours to break a tooth on my gear pack. Sent him packing, replaced gear pack and used some interior slide slicks (not Lippert ones) tbat have faily thick grip foam on the underside, slide has worked well on this trip (w/o the service asembly installed yet). I think they are redusing the dip before the slide is fully in and holding the edge up a little higher which helps as the slide starts out (where it had skipped before). I also inserted cut washers as spacers (described in a Lippert field repair instruction) between the two wear guides and the crowned outer arm. Which probably also helped.

Will install the service assembly when we get back to AL and will post photo(s).
RipNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 08:16 AM   #6
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
I have posted pics before.. it as a cl instead of jpeg .
Old 05-18-2022, 07:14 PM   #7
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Thanks to all.